• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Staying Motivated in School

cherryq

Hi All. As some of you may know, I'm a grad student this year and finishing my first semester. (So much work! :eek:) Anyway, I'm doing really well in my classes :), when I'm actually doing my work. The problem is that I keep losing my motivation (literally, ALL of my motivation goes away), and I can only focus on one or two things for any worthwhile length of time (interests, etc., like TV shows or security certification exams, etc.). I watched television shows for two or three weeks straight this semester and did ZERO work during that time. Now that it's the end of the semester, I have a pile of work to finish, and just can't motivate myself to do it. And the situation gets worse...I have a paper and presentation due Monday, another presentation (15 minutes long!!!) due Tuesday, a written final due Wednesday, etc. (the list feels never-ending). I literally look at my computer screen and my mind goes blank on what I should write, and so I go back to something that interests me.

Has anyone had similar experience(s) and/or know how to overcome some of this?

Note: Maybe this is related to executive functioning to some degree? I have the same problem with cleaning, grocery shopping, and (somewhat) with hygiene as well (not being motivated or getting majorly distracted), but with the end of the semester and my due dates being so close, figuring out a way to get my schoolwork finished in a timely, efficient manner is top priority for me!

I'm actualy in aboth the same situation of yours. I my score goes from really good to good to really bad to can I pass even if I go back to relly good. May-be I think I understand some concept but in fact I dont. I'm not stupid , why would I deserve stupid scores

I'm in the same situation. Last year at college I had to work very hard all the time (6-7 papers each week) and I was on the verge of break down. Now that finals are here, I can't seem to get my motivation back. I really don't know what to do about it.

New Threads

Top Bottom