• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

SRS (Social Responsive Scale)

Dirtdigger

V.I.P Member
Does anyone know if there is an on-line SRS quiz I can take? The SRS has caught my interest because it apparently gives the severity of Autism results. Though I've had 2 diagnoses by psychiatrists I have taken a few of these online Autism tests. Though they indicate if a person has Autism to get a diagnosis I was never really happy with the results because they never gave the severity of each of our symptoms-just one single score.

I feel like someone with Autism or Aspergers can have such severe symptoms which would not necessarily need support. So I don't necessarily agree with everything I read in the DSM-5 criteria because I feel like they are bias when it comes to needing support, especially when the IQ is slightly below average, average to above average.

Thanks all. The prices on these SRS handbooks will knock your socks off, especially when the adult test is included. And that is the only one that I was interested in. But in order to get it I have to buy the children's and adolescent tests as well. The fees for psychiatrists who give Autism Diagnoses to adults will knock your socks off as well. I understand all the college and stuff but I think these psychiatrists want to make it all up on one patient.

However, I found one psychiatrist that I would have set up with an appointment with but abandoned the though after reading his credentials. I think he brags a little to much and he is an Autism $peak$ suck@$$, collecting DNA for Autism Speaks research.

The search continues and hopefully I can get a 3rd diagnosis since so much more is known about Autism now. It would sure be great if I can find a doc here in the USA that would be able to give a diagnosis which I see would include the SRS on Skype and then send me the results.

I can understand that because there is no definitive test for ASD, because much is left to subjective impressions, that being more certain about what it is that you're struggling with could help somehow. I feel this way as well, but I struggle with obsessions about certainty, doubt and trying to figure things out. Unfortunately, everything I do, receiving diagnoses, researching, reading etc, never leaves me feeling satisfied. If anything I tend to get more anxiety from the never ending doubt and uncertainty. What did help me is reading about treatment for OCD, because this search for "truth" and certainty is a big part of what OCD is. Mainly the goal of treatment is to be okay with being uncertain. Many times lately I tend to doubt my diagnosis of ASD, and this leads to anxiety and dread of not being on the right track. So, I end up doing online tests, and reading in order to feel certain again. The certainty only lasts so long and its back to the cycle of doubt again. If anything, the searching only reinforces the doubt. I do love the research, and learning and some of it is done out of a need to understand myself more, rather than fear, although this is a fine line that I struggle with. I don't know if any of this is similar to what you are going through but I guess in a round about way, I just wanted to say that I understand the need to know. Good luck on your quest!

New Threads

Top Bottom