• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Spicy foods

Do you like spicy foods?

• No, I don't.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • A little bit

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Yeah, I eat spicy foods!

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • If my mouth's not on fire, I'm sad.

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters

Joel's Hear

I'm here, at least for now
I worked at Zaxby's chicken restaurant once, and they have four types of peppery wing or finger sauce (in order of spiciness, least to greatest): wimpy, tongue torch, insane, or nuclear. I was a cook, and I was always shocked when someone ordered nuclear, or even insane sauce. I couldn't do tongue torch. People would order a chicken finger platter (5 fingers) drenched in sauce. I didn't understand it on any level.

Now I live in Mexico, where nuclear sauce would be considered wimpy. French fries are covered, not in ketchup, but in hot sauce. Plastic bags of fried banana chips include hot sauce. Bags of apples include hot sauce. In the grocery store, an entire third of the fruit and veg section consists of peppers. Serranos, jalapeños, dried puyos, Brazilian types, chipotles, and the don of all, the habanero. I'll see a little old lady walking out the store straining her arms carrying eight kilos of habaneros. Nothing else.

I've always been a hot sauce wimp, but now I consume salsa twice as spicy as nuclear on my panuchos. Why? To fit in. To feel so flushed it's almost like I'm flying. To add zing and flavor to my life. I eat spicier foods than anyone I've ever met. To the Mexicans, I'm still a lightweight and always will be:). Spicy foods have been proven to be extremely health beneficial, but beware, consumption of too much has been linked to ulcers.

I live for spice.
I actually get IBS flare ups when I stay away from my hot peppers and ginger and turmeric for several days on end. And more nausea, too. So yeah, my life revolves around spice.

I LOVE spicy food. I even grow a hybrid pepper that is so spicy when you eat it, you instantly get the hiccups haha. I grow a few plants every year then dry them for future use. I couldn't live without spicy food.

They do give you a sort of euphoria if they are spicy enough too I've found. ;)

I LOVE spicy food. I even grow a hybrid pepper that is so spicy when you eat it, you instantly get the hiccups haha. I grow a few plants every year then dry them for future use. I couldn't live without spicy food.

They do give you a sort of euphoria if they are spicy enough too I've found. ;)
If they're spicy enough they transport you off the planet for a second!

I like the feeling of the spiciness in my throat, and also the same with hot drinks.
I put lots of black pepper on my potato salad, and usually have to have the shaker nearby just in case I want more.
Satisfying.

It took me a while to get used to spicy things, once I considered them actual food. But now I can't live without spicy. Basic red pepper chili sauce goes on everything! I'm even thinking I might like it on ice cream...

Salsa verde is my favorite taste (with jalepeños) and blending a habanero with a tomato makes an ideal topping to an otherwise sort of dry, hearty meal. I mean, don't use all of it at once! Where spicy food used to make my face red and cause me to panic, it now calms me down and makes me feel oh so nice. Until I'm finished....:-(

I like spicy food but it doesn't like me. When I get carried away, I have to take a extra omeprazole or maybe a shot of pepto. Getting old isn't for sissies.

In most people being able to tolerate highly spiced foods at least has a part that is an acquired ability by often eating spicy foods.

I love curry !but I'm used to Indian curry ,I used to be able to eat the British invention tikka ! but I've damaged my digestive tract so I eat chicken korma now,sometimes but not very often I can eat Chinese curry ,used to love the western invention chilli con carne can't eat that now.
The love raw bell peppers I could mainline them .

I will utilize spice for flavor but it makes absolutely no sense to me to intentionally eat something that hurts or causes stomach aches or heartburn. I want to experience something that my taste buds can survive and not go numb. The glory of experiencing great flavor, I’m all about it.

New Threads

Top Bottom