• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Special interests that are too niche to be relatable?

It's not for everyone though my mum often hates this kind of music. I often find when there's a song I like from an artist I go and listen to the rest of the songs and really am not a fan of them.

Love this one.

but that doesn't make me a fan of all of his music.

Programming arduinos, building electronic projects from scratch, naturist camping, building a pontoon boat, building a cabin, seeing how far I can communicate by radio with how little power (so far 300 miles on a microwatt), writing science fiction

I like harder Electro House stuff mostly, and anything that sounds “dirty” or “grimy,” so like a lot of Fidget/Jackin/Garage type stuff, and Riddim lol. I like Hardstyle to an extent and most Dubstep and DnB.
I will tolerate things like melodic House, Progressive House, etc but I like music with less vocals and more grit.

There are a handful of more mainstream Pop EDM songs I like but it’s not my go-to. I make short dog training videos and I usually use the more mainstream stuff in those! Most of my preferred music wouldn’t appeal to a wider audience.

I’m in America, and there is too much cultural dominance here in music, for sure. Most of the music I listen to is not American and/or not in English lol.

I read a lot of foreign books too but almost all of what I read is nonfiction.
This is a current favorite:

View attachment 78910
As one who is interested in Natural History this book looks like something I'd like. I believe our relationship with them is so long standing that in some ways we have evolved together such that communication between our species is readily understood.

One only needs to look at the cladistics of dog Breeds to understand the power of natural selection operating over time, with man applying the selective pressure.

dog-breeds-chart-1200x675.jpg

Constructed language linguistics for languages I'm working on and that no one (not even me) speaks made for my specific DND games so I can say a phrase or sentence that falls in line with my worldbuilding.

Constructed language linguistics for languages I'm working on and that no one (not even me) speaks made for my specific DND games so I can say a phrase or sentence that falls in line with my worldbuilding.
Cool! I have done the same, but for a book series I was writing rather than DND. Still, probably not too many folks dowing that!

New Threads

Top Bottom