• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Special gift?

I am not sure about the stigma that we have gifts by default or anything, but I think I was born with gifts one of them having good calculation and strategy skills.

I was able to apply these skills within the ring when I competed as a boxer, it would take me a few minutes of watching you fight to figure you out and I would be able to counter everything I saw of you.

For example, I was watching two people spar when I was boxing and they were professionals - they were my age but I was an amateur, one of these people were 6'4 and 220ish pounds, he could take quite a bit of punishment, he established good footwork and he had decent power.

within a few minutes of watching him I noticed he would often extend his lead to block the opponents' line of vision because of his tremendous reach and height advantage, this would set up the right hand for him in order to land flush because the opponent did not see it coming.

While he was extending his lead hand to block the opponents' line of vision he would often leave his chin in the air, he was reliant on setting up his right hand to hit the opponent - this would work effectively with a not mobile opponent whom didn't use their range, fight inside and out or utilise head movement - if you kept your head within centre line and you had a size disadvantage he would likely land that punch on you.

I was a weight class below this person but I was able to adapt my style because I competed across heavyweight (200lbs+, cruiserweight 185lbs+ and light heavyweight 175lbs) and I had experimented with different styles to perfect the way I fight. I would move my head from centre line of the opponents power hand very frequently, I would put my power hand in front of my chin to parry any counters while also maintaining a high guard.

I protected myself well while also utilising my advantages in speed and skill, I decided to spar this person who was much stronger and bigger than me and my style was all wrong for him - everytime he tried to block my line of vision I moved my head from centre line and placed my hand in front of the chin as I threw the jab towards him, this person was stronger than me but he could not clinch with me because I was able to move away in time and never go to the corner.

I peppered him to the body with body jabs and jabs and he could not land very often in a clean way, he landed some but they grazed the top of my head or they hit my glove protecting my face as I threw the jab with my high guard. I was able to adapt myself to his style within a few minutes and work out how to beat him - this person was a good fighter and he has good accolades, I should add despite being amateur I took it seriously like it was the centre of my life for years.

I watched tapes of old and new fighters, I fought at different divisions and used different styles but I worked out I was a quick southpaw who made the opponents miss, despite the fact I could KO an opponent I did not resort to it often because, as a fan of the sport I was aware of how scary it is to be knocked out and it is not nice to do it to fellow people - if the opponent tried to rabbit punch me or play dirty tactics I would turn up my level but I still did not like to KO people.

I liked to learn about the sport, become as skilled as possible and remind the opponent that I was simply in a different world - he was going to work hard in the gym but he would never work as hard as me, I lived, breathed and did it everyday and nobody would outwork me. I guess this would relate to an earlier thread of myself not feeling human, I wanted people to fight me and come out of it wondering what they were fighting and make it a learning experience for the both of us.

I was also involved with Muay Thai, Karate and Mixed Martial Arts but I was not so keen on them, Boxing is the thing I consider myself somewhat okay in and something I really enjoy - unfortunately I am unable to compete these days or spar anyone as I am trans and my bone density, strength etc has deteriorated due to oestrogen, but I love to watch the sport and I would like to visit a gym sometime to watch people spar so I can learn from them.

apologies for the rant on my interest, it is one thing you could say I had a gift in and it makes me happy to discuss though I try not to if other people do not like it.

New Threads

Top Bottom