• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sony's next console likely to be backward compatible to current gen games

Mr Allen

V.I.P Member
Link.

Good news for Parents of kid Sony fans.

Shame that out of the whole collection there's only about 2 PS4 games I wanna play, Street Fighter 5 and Uncharted 4, both PS4 exclusives.

Last edited by a moderator:
Link.

Good news for Parents of kid Sony fans.

Shame that out of the whole collection there's only about 2 PS4 games I wanna play, Street Fighter 5 and Uncharted 4, both PS4 exclusives.

You do realize that the Xbox and PS4 game selection is almost identical, right?

I mean, seriously. Neither console does much of anything to stand out from the other. Back in the days of Nintendo VS Sega, the consoles were TRULY different. Each side was drowning in exclusives. But nowadays? No. Only Nintendo has retained their old traditions, for... whatever reasons. The other two never had those traditions from the start.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Brand loyalty is a BAD thing. If you ever wonder how the industry got started on the dark path it's currently on, THAT is how. Microsoft doesnt care about you any more than they'd care about a cow in one of those milk-extraction facilities, since that's basically what you are to them. This being the case, I dont know why in the numerous hells they deserve ANY loyalty. As it is, by doing that, you're falling for their bait. Brand loyalty is used by the corporate overlords to get players to DEFEND their shady practices, like sports fans defending an incompetent team just because "it's our team" (even though it really isnt). Why act on the side of companies that do really, REALLY nasty things?

Not to mention that concept of "maturity" that so many gamers have these days. Simply putting as much blood, guns, and swearing in your game as possible doesnt make it "mature". Frankly it seems rather juvenile to me...

Now as for the actual next console itself.... feh. I probably wont be buying it. I already have a PS4 and it's damn near useless. Literally it's entire function is playing Enter the Gungeon when I'm down on the island (as my laptop just screws that one up). The PS5 can, frankly, go jump off a cliff.

I mean, seriously. Neither console does much of anything to stand out from the other. Back in the days of Nintendo VS Sega, the consoles were TRULY different. Each side was drowning in exclusives. But nowadays? No. Only Nintendo has retained their old traditions, for... whatever reasons. The other two never had those traditions from the start.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Brand loyalty is a BAD thing. If you ever wonder how the industry got started on the dark path it's currently on, THAT is how. Microsoft doesnt care about you any more than they'd care about a cow in one of those milk-extraction facilities, since that's basically what you are to them. This being the case, I dont know why in the numerous hells they deserve ANY loyalty. As it is, by doing that, you're falling for their bait. Brand loyalty is used by the corporate overlords to get players to DEFEND their shady practices, like sports fans defending an incompetent team just because "it's our team" (even though it really isnt). Why act on the side of companies that do really, REALLY nasty things?

Not to mention that concept of "maturity" that so many gamers have these days. Simply putting as much blood, guns, and swearing in your game as possible doesnt make it "mature". Frankly it seems rather juvenile to me...

Now as for the actual next console itself.... feh. I probably wont be buying it. I already have a PS4 and it's damn near useless. Literally it's entire function is playing Enter the Gungeon when I'm down on the island (as my laptop just screws that one up). The PS5 can, frankly, go jump off a cliff.

PS4 has a few exclusives I wouldn't mind trying including a couple of PSVR games such as Batman VR and the Star Trek one, I also want to play Street Fighter 5 again.

PS4 has a few exclusives I wouldn't mind trying including a couple of PSVR games such as Batman VR and the Star Trek one, I also want to play Street Fighter 5 again.

VR is ALOT of fun if you can get your hands on it. Granted, the PS4's VR isnt exactly the best... it operates off of an actual freaking camera, which means no 360-degree turning and likely no room-scale, and supposedly the graphics take a hit too, but... still, VR is VR. Bloody amazing technology no matter where it's coming from.

If you decide to get it or try it, just BE CAREFUL. Make sure you understand the risks before putting the thing on.

VR is ALOT of fun if you can get your hands on it. Granted, the PS4's VR isnt exactly the best... it operates off of an actual freaking camera, which means no 360-degree turning and likely no room-scale, and supposedly the graphics take a hit too, but... still, VR is VR. Bloody amazing technology no matter where it's coming from.

If you decide to get it or try it, just BE CAREFUL. Make sure you understand the risks before putting the thing on.

Yeah, I know VR can be literally headache inducing to some people.

That's kind of why the first gen of it way back in the late 80's failed horribly because it made people feel ill.

The main difference between Nintendo and Sega games was that Nintendo had Super Mario, Sega had Sonic the Hedgehog, Alex Kidd and Wonder Boy.

Nintendo's 16 bit games were better though, stuff like Zelda 3, Super Tennis, the SNES version of Street Fighter 2 Turbo etc.

Yeah, I know VR can be literally headache inducing to some people.

That's kind of why the first gen of it way back in the late 80's failed horribly because it made people feel ill.

Yeah, and they havent managed to get away from that effect. Not entirely.

Well, what I mean is, the BASICS of it wont make you sick anymore.... IF your machine is powerful enough to run it *perfectly* at all times. AT ALL TIMES. Way back when, primitive VR.... usually couldnt. So, side effects (though I never felt any myself when I tried it back then). So they at least have the power now.

But MOVEMENT? Hoboy. They havent fixed THAT yet. Better get used to teleporting, if you're gonna move around in a VR game. Which isnt actually BAD, mind you, and can actually be quite fun, but holy heck can it be confusing. Games often do offer smooth locomotion like in normal games, but.... yeah, be careful with that. I've never gotten motion sick from anything in my life, but even I find smooth movement to be... a bit weird. Dont really like doing it except in small doses. Maybe eventually I'll get totally used to it like some players do.

It is alot easier though in games where you're in a vehicle (makes more sense to your brain, that) but some players still get hit hard even from that.

And the bad part is, you wont know how affected you are until you try it yourself. I remember when I tried it the first time, it was frankly rather scary. I was feeling more than a little paranoid going into it. And then I went in the first time and it IMMEDIATELY bugged out and violently shoved me through the nearest wall while tilting the whole universe. Discovered the hard way that I can handle some of that crap. Startled the heck outta me though. And sure wasnt the last bug I found. I say "bug" but lunacy can also result from hardware issues (like cables getting slightly pulled).

Really VR is a freaking blast (at least I think so) but... yeah. Take it SLOW, is the advice I give to anyone. And if you start to feel weird... take the headset off IMMEDIATELY. Dont try to power through it. EVERYONE that has tried that has ended up regretting it.

New Threads

Top Bottom