• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Someone called animal protection services on me about my dog

I re-read this.

OK, so Buddy is a year old. Lots of pups are lanky-looking. I doubt that neighbor has ever raised a baby dog.

I've had that happen, where someone would be friendly and solicitous and get into my good graces only to turn around and try to use stuff we talked about in good faith to undercut me in some way. But that was entirely tactical, they took advantage of my trust to try to use it to gain advantage for themselves. I fail to see how reporting you for dog abuse would gain your neighbor anything.

Pops into my head... Why would they want or - or even need - medical information to order something from PetSmart for you? That's really intrusive. Not their job.

Proper way for this to happen is: They'd make a suggestion, you'd evaluate it and if you decided you wanted it, you would order it yourself. Obviously they don't trust you to do what they think is best for your dog. Or maybe they are fishing for useful data for some other nefarious scheme.

The theory I have is that the person was angry at you for some reason. Maybe they thought you were discourteous in how you didn't jump to fulfill their request and decided to take it out on you. Maybe they are a rabid animal activist seeing animal cruelty everywhere they look. Maybe they just think you are an incompetent pet owner who can't handle the job. Maybe they are angry for another completely unrelated reason and this was just a hook to hang their hat from.

Assuming I have the full story would be a mistake. I haven't heard their side of the story. Though, if this is the entire story, I think they may be a bit mentally unstable and you should keep them at a distance.

Very perceptive. 8 months ago when I first met her ... she said she wouldn't mind watching my dog for a couple hours whenever I need it so her dog can play with mine. However, I found this odd as I had just met her and did not feel comfortable with this arrangement. I told her I would think about it , than casually avoided her for weeks with the usual I haven't been feeling well, dog wasn't feeling well. That might have been the start of it. I know some people are naturally friendly, but it feels a little too sweet in my mouth.

I thought about informing her that two APS officers came to my place and if she knew anything about it? Even if she said she didn't know anything about I would still be thinking of telling her to stay away from me and my dog.

I thought about informing her that two APS officers came to my place and if she knew anything about it? Even if she said she didn't know anything about I would still be thinking of telling her to stay away from me and my dog.

Don't.

If she did this, then she doesn't need to know that it "worked."

There are many companies which have emerged with an uncanny ability to deliver custom software development services. Companies like MLSdev https://mlsdev.com/services/custom-software-development, Appiction, Appian, and Appian are a few of them. These companies have a very simple methodology of providing custom software development services. They have created a name for themselves in the market owing to the fact that they provide all kinds of custom software development services to their clients. If you would be wondering as to what makes them unique, here are a few points that will serve as an explanation:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom