• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sleep Talking

RayRay28

Do any of you aspies sleep talk like i do? I have, since i was a kid, sleep talked almost every night. I found this app that can record you when you sleep, only recording sounds you make as you sleep. It has proven to be highly entertaining. Some nights I don't talk but others are just plain weird. I've said everything from "I really love you, and you little curls" to "NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!" to "it sounds like something died on a necklace" LOL! and one time i even yelled at my sister "did you feed the octopus?!"

Recordings would certainly be a great source of entertainment in the morning!

I think it's been mentioned I talk in my sleep. Usually I hear tales of how I am not safe to sleep with due to all the bad dreams I have. My best tale is when I was first married. I got up one morning and saw my husband on the couch. I shrugged it off, he often sleeps on the couch or in strange places when he's having trouble sleeping. I come to find out he's nursing a headache because last night I headbutted him, stared him down, and told him to "get the #%&@ out". And he complied quite willingly. I had no clue or memory of it happening! I didn't have a headache, bruise, or anything either. I make fun of the incident pretty often, since it was kind of embarrassing to run him off like that.

I've been told before thet I can sometimes, but apparently I am more inclined to make random noises, than actually speak. I imagine it would be rather odd to see :p

Mmm yeah. Apparently I can twitch, like a dreaming cat or dog. Other times, bad times, I get some kind of night terror thing and I'd sit up all of a sudden and scream really loud, only to fall back again and continue the sleeping. This has been quite a while, but I have been known to even get up to have a drink, without realizing any of it. And then there's the morning, when people think I'm awake, but I'm most definitely not. I might say stuff, I might even go into discussions. None of it would make sense, but every now and then it would make enough sense for people to go by what I say at such time, which can be cause for more discussion later on. (-But you told me... -It was six in the morning, I was sleeping!:rolleyes:)

I've been told before thet I can sometimes, but apparently I am more inclined to make random noises, than actually speak. I imagine it would be rather odd to see :p
Ah yes, random noises too. Sometimes I'd howl like a lion or some big cat. Or so I'm told. What can I say, I'm a method dreamer? I immerse myself into whatever role I'm playing in the dream?

Ah yes, random noises too. Sometimes I'd howl like a lion or some big cat. Or so I'm told. What can I say, I'm a method dreamer? I immerse myself into whatever role I'm playing in the dream?
Howling hey? That would be odd, haha :p

Oh, I'm told I once started reciting a speech by Winston Churchill too: *sleep* ...we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets. We shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender!...*back to sleep*

Recordings would certainly be a great source of entertainment in the morning!

I think it's been mentioned I talk in my sleep. Usually I hear tales of how I am not safe to sleep with due to all the bad dreams I have. My best tale is when I was first married. I got up one morning and saw my husband on the couch. I shrugged it off, he often sleeps on the couch or in strange places when he's having trouble sleeping. I come to find out he's nursing a headache because last night I headbutted him, stared him down, and told him to "get the #%&@ out". And he complied quite willingly. I had no clue or memory of it happening! I didn't have a headache, bruise, or anything either. I make fun of the incident pretty often, since it was kind of embarrassing to run him off like that.

Hahahaha! thats awesome!

Yeah that would be pretty odd to see :p

Mmm yeah. Apparently I can twitch, like a dreaming cat or dog. Other times, bad times, I get some kind of night terror thing and I'd sit up all of a sudden and scream really loud, only to fall back again and continue the sleeping. This has been quite a while, but I have been known to even get up to have a drink, without realizing any of it. And then there's the morning, when people think I'm awake, but I'm most definitely not. I might say stuff, I might even go into discussions. None of it would make sense, but every now and then it would make enough sense for people to go by what I say at such time, which can be cause for more discussion later on. (-But you told me... -It was six in the morning, I was sleeping!:rolleyes:)

OMG! thats crazy!

I talked in my sleep last night. I had a dream that I was going to get high (which by the way i have never had any desire to do). well, when i was reviewing my recording, I said:

"wait wait wait wait, i have a question...you know that gas that makes you get really high boobs?"

I found this app that can record you when you sleep, only recording sounds you make as you sleep.
I need this! Where did you find it?

I have opened a locked door and had a whole conversation with a coworker once. I have told my friend I'd take something home with me in the morning, she called me in the afternoon and was utterly confused why I left it. I have received a call from work and agreed to come in two hours earlier, they were not pleased, I can tell you. I made them never to call me in the morning again, because I sleep talk. I've told a friend of mine "Who are we cooking for? Address!". I was screaming Caroline, Caroline, so loud that I woke up my brother. I'm also notoriously known to be very rude when I sleep talk, I've been told I call people names and yell at them if they try talking to me.

2 nights ago I sleep talked 3 different times! They are as follows:

1) gosh that is perfect...that is so cool...that is...thats so cool!"
2) I tried to (?) with her...I'd try it with her too...It didn't work because the rain made it mozzy
3) I love you okay...I've been dreaming of you all the time and that little...hello

Years ago I had a GF who wouldtell me what I was saying in my sleep, she thought I was hilarious and her favourite was, 'The man on the drum goes boom boom boom'.

Nowadays I have an app on my phone that records any periods of speech. It's fascinating what the mind/ego gets up to at night.

New Threads

Top Bottom