• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Situations..

ontariorox

Is there anyone else on this site dating someone with Aspergers?
My bf is the Aspie, we've been together for over 3 yrs.
I will not say it's been an easy relationship, but I guess I love him, because I am still here.

I get frustrated. A lot.
I want more time with him, but he will tell me "We are always together" When in reality, yea, we live together, so we see each other when we are eating and sleeping, but the rest of the time he is doing his hobbies.
I don't give him a hard time about this, but I mean, it is not easy.

I sometimes feel like breaking down. I just needed to vent.

I do wonder if there's anyone else on this board who knows what I'm going through?

My bf is an aspie also. I know all to well the frustration that arises. I don't have much advice to give. I know I have to ask straight out what I want. The more specific the better. I hope you guys can find your happy medium.

I have an aspie friend, we’re not dating so I can only imagine your situation, but one thing I learned is that aspies are not made from glass. You need to be understanding, but that doesn’t mean you have to forget all about your wants and needs. Just talk to him, clearly tell him what is bothering you.
Sometimes giving him a bit of that hard time is all that you need. If you’ll just keep everything bottled up he might not even notice that something is wrong.
Good luck!

Is there anyone else on this site dating someone with Aspergers?
I sometimes feel like breaking down. I just needed to vent.

I do wonder if there's anyone else on this board who knows what I'm going through?

Completely. I went through that with virtually all of my relationships of Neurotypicals of the opposite sex. Except in my case neither myself or my significant others were aware of our neurological differences. Had we known more we might have used such knowledge to our advantage in being very open and up front about it to one another.

In my case I absolutely require some element of solitude on a regular basis. If I don't get it, I will take it. One of those traits I freely admit I can't control to my own satisfaction. I can only look back in hindsight and think, that all I could have really done is to be honest about it, and let them know when I needed to be alone. And that they could have learned to understand it.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom