• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Site owner: Please add Psychology and Video Game Sub Category

Should Psychology and Video Games have their own sections

• Total voters

Ragnahawk

V.I.P Member
So my point for having these two separate sections is below.

Psychology gives me an indication of who likes psychology and allows all the information that is normally scattered to the wind in on place. (That information is usually discovered by accident or through blogs which only have the authors voice not back and forth communication.) This will allow me to research and place polls for an extremely useful diagnosis in the future:Aspergers + Myers Briggs

A video game sub category will allow members to place in a single place and not wind up scattered in the wind as technology or just in general forum for entertainment interests. (Had to cut up old argument for entertainment due to obvious flaw)

Last edited:
Why would there need to be another Entertainment area?
There is one already.

upload_2017-11-2_15-5-55.png

People generally post threads on Video Games in either
Obsessions & Interests, or Computers.

I haven't felt the need for extra subforums, to me things are quite alright as they are. I don't personally feel that I'm currently missing out on subjects I'm interested in (which definitely include video games and psychology). That's just me though. I usually use the search function and browse all new topics and that kinda suits me so far :)

I haven't felt the need for extra subforums, to me things are quite alright as they are. I don't personally feel that I'm currently missing out on subjects I'm interested in (which definitely include video games and psychology). That's just me though. I usually use the search function and browse all new topics and that kinda suits me so far :)
It looks like your criteria is narrowed down to newer topics. But if I wanted to start three different topics on three different games based on your method at least one of those topics would sink below. Say I ask who is an undertale fan. Ask who is a killer instinct fan and then ask for steam usernames so we can link up. Anybody who hasn't heard about these games wouldn't have access to knowing them unless they happen to browse new topics. I could stick all every game in technology if people are that comfortable with how things are. Would bring some perspective into this, by annoying computer savvy nerds. So that opinion suits you. People are inclined to act on their own interests over others. For me I was thinking of a friend who is a game programmer. They usually don't post in these forums because of the aforementioned reason.

@Ragnahawk I don't just browse recent topics, I look for older topics regarding my interest with the search function as well. For example, if I wanted to ask which people are Undertale fans, I'd use the search function to see which people have posted about playing undertale and talk to these people.

I don't really understand what you mean about people not learning about the games you mention if they're not browsing new topics. Surely, having a games subforum would still require users to actually read your new topics in order to become aware of these games. I don't mean to offend, I'm just not sure what point you're trying to make with your respond to me. And what the aforementioned reason for your game programmer friend not to post is. Could you clarify?

@Ragnahawk I don't just browse recent topics, I look for older topics regarding my interest with the search function as well. For example, if I wanted to ask which people are Undertale fans, I'd use the search function to see which people have posted about playing undertale and talk to these people.
I don't really understand what you mean about people not learning about the games you mention if they're not browsing new topics. Surely, having a games subforum would still require users to actually read your new topics in order to become aware of these games. I don't mean to offend, I'm just not sure what point you're trying to make with your respond to me. And what the aforementioned reason for your game programmer friend not to post is. Could you clarify?
What if you don't know what undertale is? Or what if you don't know what mortal Kombat is? That and usually those topics get buried under what rig are you using. I'm not doubting your ability to work around but it is what it is. A work around. A solution to something that is otherwise easy if it had a category.

It's like I'm asking to use a different restroom other than the bathroom that someone blew up. "I don't smell anything. What's your problem it's a bathroom".

I am asking you to clarify what it is you are saying, not attacking you. No need to fly off the handle.

I am asking you to clarify what it is you are saying, not attacking you. No need to fly off the handle.
Same I just come off strong when I sound cryptic and try to correct it.

Maybe I am externalizing my feelings though. A little. In this case. Sorry.

When I see three votes, and only one person explained why.... I start to think that the people saying no don't even touch video games.

I can imagine some people don't want to explain their reason for voting "no" because your way of responding can be a little intense. Which, again, is not meant as an attack, just an observation.

When I see three votes, and only one person explained why.... I start to think that the people saying no don't even touch video games.

Or you might consider that those people took the poll literally.
That is, they didn't generalize the directive to "make a case below" aka
'explain why' which is posted next to Psych. but not Video Game.

So they didn't explain because you didn't specifically ask for an
explanation on that.

Regarding video games, there's a thread that covers just that. The topic of the title shouldn't be taken at face value anymore, as it's (sorta) turned into the dumping ground for all things gaming...

Video games you're playing?

I'm a gamer myself, though with life getting in the way sometimes I don't have the energy to post there or keep up with current trends...

Most video game related topics end up in the computers and technology section and thus, ignored in the main, so a sub category would be useful IMO.

I think if we have too many sub-forums I wont see some of the interesting things I didn't know were interesting

New Threads

Top Bottom