• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

sensory overload or anxiety?

JoyChaos

last year i was diagnosed with general anxiety. I used to get panic attacks everytime I ate. The act of eating made me anxious even when I was starving. Eventually that anxiousness around eating stopped. But today I felt that. I was eating happily and suddenly I was feeling off. Kind of wondering if its possible this was/is sensory or in fact anxiety

a little clarification. i only ever had about 3-4 panic attacks with the classic hyperventilation, shaking, being cold, high pulse rate, increased blood pressure. any other time ive been "anxious" its more of i'm hyper aware of every little thing around me, my heart rate goes up a little. I'm not sure if that counts as a panic attack or not.

If
last year i was diagnosed with general anxiety. I used to get panic attacks everytime I ate. The act of eating made me anxious even when I was starving. Eventually that anxiousness around eating stopped. But today I felt that. I was eating happily and suddenly I was feeling off. Kind of wondering if its possible this was/is sensory or in fact anxiety

a little clarification. i only ever had about 3-4 panic attacks with the classic hyperventilation, shaking, being cold, high pulse rate, increased blood pressure. any other time ive been "anxious" its more of i'm hyper aware of every little thing around me, my heart rate goes up a little. I'm not sure if that counts as a panic attack or not.
If you can eat its not clinical depression or a panic attack
its almost like an eating disorder but if you eat the amount of calories your body frame can hold then no
then maybe a phobia what happens with a phobia is the brain associates the trauma with the nearest thing like food or an object or a word or picture sound

If
If you can eat its not clinical depression or a panic attack
its almost like an eating disorder but if you eat the amount of calories your body frame can hold then no
then maybe a phobia what happens with a phobia is the brain associates the trauma with the nearest thing like food or an object or a word or picture sound

ah yeah i can eat most days now. this is the first time its happened in a year. I eat normally everyday usually. maybe it wasnt the food and was the drive home perhaps though nothing eventful happened today either. just thought Id ask though cuz you never know

General anxiety disorder is awful, i suffer with this to, i take medication for it that does help, although it dont cure the disorder, my attacks get stronger when i have to deal with people, its an awfully intense sickly feeling that makes me light headed and shakey...!

When I am stressed, like by overwork or an illness, my anxiety greatly increases; normally it is more of a background hum.

Sensory processing problems can cause a sort of purely physiological anxiety so it can be hard to sort out...

Maybe if you kept a journal of when you felt off or possibly-anxious, record what you were doing and when it happened, you could find patterns that would help you determine if it's anxiety versus sensory overload?

Sensory processing problems can cause a sort of purely physiological anxiety so it can be hard to sort out...

Maybe if you kept a journal of when you felt off or possibly-anxious, record what you were doing and when it happened, you could find patterns that would help you determine if it's anxiety versus sensory overload?
thank you i think i may start doing this. good way to keep track of both anxiety and sensory issues

Hi there, general anxiety disorder suffers a lot. We all deal with some level of anxiety everyday in our day to day life. Anxiety disorder causes people to become physically, emotionally and spiritually fearful. In this situation you need to choose the right therapist. You can also try mental health professionals to overcome anxiety disorder. I have heard good reviews on about a French medium who does telephone consulting which helps in curing anxiety disorder.

Just out of curiosity Dorothy,
How can a medium CURE anxiety? How does she do it? What techniques might she use?

I know the source of a lot of my anxiety comes from how I was "expected to know" things no one ever told me because "they are things everyone knows!"

Just because you don't remember learning it doesn't mean you were born with it, like a chip installed in your brain. (dumba$$)

New Threads

Top Bottom