• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Sensor Over Load

TSS

Today at work there is an area that is over heating and they have one of those industrial fans going. Where I sit I can't get away from the noise. It is about to wear me out. Big sensory over load going on here. Can't wait until I can get in my car, turn radio off and calm down with quite.

Would it be possible to listen to white/pink noise on headphones? Lots of people say it works wonders. Doesnt work for me though, but it might help you xx

I feel your pain. We have a dehumidifier running in the house to combat the side-effects of a leak and it's driving me nuts.

Yeah, I understand how constant noise can wear you down. I hate the extractor fan above the cooker in the kitchen. It's way too loud, sounds like a jumbo jet taking off to me. I would suggest using noise cancelling headphones or earplugs.

I wear hearing aids. I took them out so it is a little bit better, but I still feel overloaded. Can't use noise cancelling headphones at work.

I work in a noisy environment, a fabrication shop. We have milling machines, lathes, table saws, planers, cut off saws, metal grinders, welders, and all sorts of hand tools, all of which have their own special sound. I can identify the sound of all of them, and whether they are being used skillfully or not, sometimes even what material they are being used on. Sounds are an interest of mine.

However, there are plenty of times when I can't take the noise and even earplugs under headphones don't help, so I retreat to the office and work on CAD drawings. Luckily I have enough documentation work to keep me busy during the noisy times.

finally home in my nice quiet orderly place. I came home Sat in my chair cuddled my blanket and rocking. Much better. Thanks for all the suggestions.

Today at work there is an area that is over heating and they have one of those industrial fans going. Where I sit I can't get away from the noise. It is about to wear me out. Big sensory over load going on here. Can't wait until I can get in my car, turn radio off and calm down with quite.
Oh man! That would be enough to drive me absolutely batshit nuts. For next time, you might consider keeping a pair of noise cancelling head phones. They are my life saver.

Im having a tough week. I sit in an office and in a middle desk between a number of people who constantly talk about cooking, dieting and other subjects I just don't care about. I've taken to listening to music all day and not talking to anyone. Not perfect but wearing me down. I have told about my aspergers but apart from one colleague they just don't get it. If it wasn't for this colleague relying on me tomorrow for transport to a meeting I would be off work. Can feel me slipping further and further into low mood.

New Threads

Top Bottom