• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

self diagnosed and not really sure.some help please

challita

my name is Elio challita, I am a 22 years old man with social problems ( a problem making new friends and a problem with maintaining them) I don't like to talk too much cause I don't share the same interest with people(my knowledge is specified with some sort of things). I have an anxiety disorder (especially social anxiety) and I was diagnosed with depression. I spend a lot of time reading about the same objects. I hate socializing, I dropped my university because being around people is like hell. I have an odd childhood that could be described by a lot of my time playing a game wich I created (the game of imaginary) and it was me in the bed playing with my fingers and imagining a whole new world.school was a big problem and I was wondering could that be an Asperger'syndrome?

Only you can figure that out. How much do you know about asperger's? Try to learn as much as you can, and see if it applies to you (not everything will, we're all different and none of us have every traits) and try to avoid Autism Speak's website because they're the devil. You could try out a few tests like this one: Aspergers Adult AQ Test Quiz Online: Autism Spectrum Quotient
thank you, I did it and I scored 38. it's awful what's now?

Well, what are you looking for?

You could go see a professional to help you determine what is happening. Or are you looking for "fixes" to problems? Or hearing that others feel similarly, and a sense of understanding?

You know that you have spectrum attributes - now what?

Awful? Having asperger's is definetly not all that bad. Youre not less than NTs, you're just different. There are things aspies can do better than NTs, and many successful people have some form of autism. Of course, there are some who have difficulties, but you can work on yourself to get the most out of life, and knowing wich weakness and strenghts (because aspie-ness comes with strenghts too!) is going to help a lot!

About what to do now, try to learn more about other aspie's strategies that could apply to you, and read some more positive articles on aspergers to keep a good self esteem. And if you have any problems, or if you want to talk with people who can understand you better, this is what this forum is for

You can try to get a diagnosis, but it's a bit harder to get as an adult, and you don't necessarily need it. If you think you need accomodations, etc., though, you should get an official diagnosis.

Well, what are you looking for?

You could go see a professional to help you determine what is happening. Or are you looking for "fixes" to problems? Or hearing that others feel similarly, and a sense of understanding?

You know that you have spectrum attributes - now what?
I'll go and seek a professional for an official diagnosis because my family should have an answer from a professional but it will take some time, and I am here for a sense of understanding and after all, thank you

Awful? Having asperger's is definetly not all that bad. Youre not less than NTs, you're just different. There are things aspies can do better than NTs, and many successful people have some form of autism. Of course, there are some who have difficulties, but you can work on yourself to get the most out of life, and knowing wich weakness and strenghts (because aspie-ness comes with strenghts too!) is going to help a lot!

About what to do now, try to learn more about other aspie's strategies that could apply to you, and read some more positive articles on aspergers to keep a good self esteem. And if you have any problems, or if you want to talk with people who can understand you better, this is what this forum is for

You can try to get a diagnosis, but it's a bit harder to get as an adult, and you don't necessarily need it. If you think you need accomodations, etc., though, you should get an official diagnosis.
thx man for that encouragement I need it and, I keep reading about Asperger. know everything makes sense to me, after all, that seeking for an answer for years and years

Since you like to read, I would suggest reading everything you can find online and learning about autism. Forums like this are wonderful too! You'll know if it seems to fit and make sense. I find awareness as being an incredibly useful tool. It's knowing and accepting yourself that will help you create an enjoyable life.

Since you like to read, I would suggest reading everything you can find online and learning about autism. Forums like this are wonderful too! You'll know if it seems to fit and make sense. I find awareness as being an incredibly useful tool. It's knowing and accepting yourself that will help you create an enjoyable life.
I keep reading about it, and I am realizing how much strength point I have from the Asperger's syndrome but there are some bad things within it that keep me down. hope you have a wonderful day.

Everyone have strenghts and weaknesses, so it's okay :) You just have to learn how to work around them.

New Threads

Top Bottom