• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Seeking Feedback on a Short Film Script!

anthonywmd

Hello!

I have been working on a short script called "Pareidolia in B Minor" for a few years now, and have recently been getting some feedback by some of my collaborators that they are picking up on certain aspects or traits within the main characters' personalities that may be related to autism? It is really interesting to me because I never wrote these characters with any conceived intention of portraying autism, I only just wrote from my heart and how I feel/act personally within myself so much of the time, and am starting to feel a bit distant from some of the people around me who are giving feedback in what feels like a sort of alienating way.

I do sometimes feel it may be worth seeing if I would be diagnosed, and I am on other medications for my ADHD, but as of now am not diagnosed, and would love if anyone would be so kind as to read through my script and give any and all feedback! It has been hard for me recently, as I relate to these characters so deeply and then feel very distanced from them during conversations with people who don't seem to be able to relate to the characters as much. There have been a few friends who have siblings or cousins who are on the spectrum and these are the friends who are also most supportive and touched by the writing, which gives me a lot of comfort!

However, I feel like I am in a place now where I am looking for feedback from someone who might be able to relate to more about how I wrote the specificities of the character's dialogue and ways of being, which didn't come from anything other than myself. The script is not about autism, never labels it, and does not revolve around it as a plot device, as I've seen so many harmful films do. I have mostly been developing it alone over the years and using it as a sort of therapy for myself.

If you'd like to read the script, maybe we can get a group together and chat about it over Zoom or something this week or next week? It would mean so much to me!! Drop a comment below if interested. Would be so great if we could get a big group together for a feedback/discussion group.

The film is a love story that takes place in 2017 in the American South, where I grew up, and it takes place under a Willow Tree over the course of a 7 day period, which is time-wise very ambiguous! It may or may not be a literal 7 days, and the film plays around with a lot of themes like love, relationships, the high-wire act of communication, grief, isolation, friendship, time, feeling like you can't escape your hometown, and more.

Let me know if this sounds like something you'd be interested in! :) thanks so much.

New Threads

Top Bottom