• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Seeing a Facebook profile page mixed feelings

Aspergers_Aspie

I just saw a Facebook profile of a woman who was in some of my classes in high school. I am experiencing strong mixed feelings. Happiness and sadness. Happy as I think she's happy but sad as I would have liked to have been different in high school ideally.
Some of my conversations with the person diagnosing me for Aspergers was me saying in primary school I didn't but in high school I acted the fool sometimes, sometimes a lot leaving me to be mocked or isolated on occasions. Also I regret not going on a walk with the woman who I just saw on Facebook and her friend. Her and one of her friends had came to my Mum's house where I lived during high school and I declined going for a walk with them at that age I felt to shy. I was about 15.

Welcome to the club. Every one of us has been a teenager at some time and almost every one of us has a similar tale to tell.

Just do not let the past contaminate the present. Some people spend their days reliving the failures and mistakes of the past. What is done cannot be undone, so no point in obsessing over it.

I'm feeling less sad about this now. But feeling really sad recently about a trainee social worker I met in a homeless hostel in 2007!! We had real chemistry and a real connection. But I behaved regrettably!!

I'm feeling less sad about this now. But feeling really sad recently about a trainee social worker I met in a homeless hostel in 2007!! We had real chemistry and a real connection. But I behaved regrettably!!
That is the curse of Aspergers. There's a million ways to behave regrettably and I know I'm prone to all of them. I could list a hundred times I've screwed up a potential relationship.

I have found that it is best to slow myself down. Gives me time to think about how what I'm saying might be received. Too much me and not enough them. Or sometimes the little head takes over for the big one and that's never good when you're just getting to know someone.

New Threads

Top Bottom