• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

School IEP Meeting Says Im On The Spectrum But Not Autistic

I don't believe I've had the pleasure, Beverly. Welcome.
You sound like a fabulous host.;)

Oh, I am - I had to learn after making friends with some rather popular Brits back in the 80's. Those lads were a boy band when boy bands weren't cool and, being upper class, all but one of the five, blue bloods, they expected and, only felt at home with a proper host. Me, being the foolish music head I am, opened my home to them for 2 months of their US tour. I got a crash course in being a proper host, and in how to cover lost words and other such vocal mistakes. Also got to sing and jam with them daily so, it was well worth it. Even now, because of them I can readily make friends with other UK musicians.

I even learned to speak proper English, and I'm told it's something of a feat for an American. :p "Might I borrow your rubber to correct the spelling error I seem to have made?" LOL

Yeah, as if being an aspie didn't make conversation challenging enough, I had to go and learn a second dialect - subsequently I also learned Japanese, French, Spanish and, am currently learning Urdu. Amazing what one spring break encounter can lead to. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom