• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Run inside? Run outside? Runner's High?

Me too. I am horrible about that. I try to circle my ankles, and stretch calves sometimes. I have a healed broken ankle that l was in surgery for about 5 hours back about 7 years ago. I started running the min my doc gave me the go ahead. I couldn't run almost a year, but l skipped the big boot they give you. Bought a sport ankle brace, and laced up boots with a heel and walked everyday and ate lots of protein.
I had to be in a camboot for fx tibia/fibula but I was non compliant I ran through the pain when I could which just set me back the Ortho knew it and yelled at me this is never going to heal I don't practice what I preach to my patients lol well at least you were able to walk and got back to running . I can say is your body doesn't forget I was always worried about losing my endurance so I would do the elliptical there was one time I couldn't run for 9 months because I tore my hamstring however when I got back into running it came back quick

I had to be in a camboot for fx tibia/fibula but I was non compliant I ran through the pain when I could which just set me back the Ortho knew it and yelled at me this is never going to heal I don't practice what I preach to my patients lol well at least you were able to walk and got back to running . I can say is your body doesn't forget I was always worried about losing my endurance so I would do the elliptical there was one time I couldn't run for 9 months because I tore my hamstring however when I got back into running it came back quick

Oh dear. You are a runner. You truly are. You were probably running laps in the womb, your mom still has tread marks of your newborn feet inside her. Lol

Oh dear. You are a runner. You truly are. You were probably running laps in the womb, your mom still has tread marks of your newborn feet inside her. Lol
Haha not exactly lol. My younger sister was on track team in highschool. I couldn't even run 5 mins with her . Started running at 18 now I can out run her lol

I'm excited for my first half marathon of the year in a little over a month. I've already walked 21k on four separate days this month, a new record for me.

Ran 40 mins. The last 10 was a struggle, but did it. Anybody else doing a gym or outside run?

Running today 30 mins only but was happy after l finished. What did others do for exercise, bike, walk, yoga?

I just started running and it is definitely reducing my most annoying stims and my anxiety. Harmful stims are way down. I'm in the baby steps phase, I can only do .7 miles right now, but there is a .7 mile loop from my house that I've been doing 3 times a week. I know I can get up to a mile soon. Body has not been treated well for 20 years, so it's a slow start.

Excellent news @Rodafina . Definitely doing it at your pace is great.I have run for many different reasons, and l like being challenged, and challenging myself. I run with toe separators because l have ginormous bunions but they work, just rubber pliable plug like that go between my toes.

I started running in 2019 after a 26yr absence and did my first 5km that year,following this I have done 66 5km runs and 61 10km runs for charity however poor manual handling in 2022 put an end to it and I've tried to get back into it and despite walking an average 7km a week I now struggle with 5km runs so now I just focus on walking.

When I was running I found compression socks with Adidas cloudfoam trainers (summer weather) and Adidas runfalcon 2 for winter were the best for my wide high arch feet.i also got a neenca knee bracelet which also helped.

Warmup was stride stretches,feet circling and feet lift and falls

Those stretches are so important. I do lunges, and l try circling my ankles, and also raising up and down with my balls of my feet to engage ankles. Sometimes l just walk on the treadmill to warm up all my muscles. I have gotten stronger so now l run on a incline on the treadmill. I don't run outside, because l have a tendency to stare too much at birds or more birds, and l would probably trip.

New Threads

Top Bottom