• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Rude for not noticing

Opposite with me.
I notice so many details, see things, hear things that others do not that I'm always asked how did you see that?
I didn't see that at all. How could you hear that?
Who else would have noticed?
Expressions such as these.

When riding in a car, I constantly observe everything.
Wednesday for example I had an incident that made me smile. Riding along an 8 lane road, I saw a pretty grey owl sitting on a fence under some trees. He was watching the traffic go by.
I thought out of hundreds of cars whizzing by
did anyone else see the owl?
That's almost a laugh.

All of my senses are so sensitive on top of thoughts that are like a run-away train, no wonder I need quite a bit of rest time. I don't like being hurried or rushed.
And I want to take my time before answering certain things. I also like to physically take my time what ever
I do and I'm a slow, back road driver.
So the other overly quick senses aren't of my own desire.
It's just the way I am.

That's a totally different context/situation. You were talking about how observant you of the scenery.

OP was talking about something different - inconsideration. It's about when you don't even notice that your action or inaction is troubling somebody else, perhaps regularly. And it'll irritate people around you when the particular action/inaction is not solved, or when it seems like you didn't show any effort to solve it. Aspies usually maybe don't even notice it, or forget it after doing the 'right' thing for awhile, or overwhelmed by other daily tasks, or just don't care.

You would have noticed if the site mud had been left to build on those wooden stairs over a period of a month.
You may have been glad you were wearing your boots :)
Those wooden stairs may have started to look like the ground at your site :)

If you’ve been out on site all day you’re tired and hungry and just want to get into your apartment,
the last thing on your mind might be how others feel about the responsibility of cleaning up after you.

If they’re leaving a broom outside their door you can probably guess they’re fed up with it now.

Don’t beat yourself up over it, change the situation you’re in right now.

Acknowledge you’ve unintentionally left mud on the stairs.
Get back into neighbors favour with an apology? A thank you note? Small gift?

You’re not apologising for asd or forgetting to clean up after yourself,
It’s just to let them know you’ve realised they’ve been clearing up after you for a month and you acknowledge the extra work you’ve created.

May not seem like a big deal to you but the broom is evidence of it being a big deal to someone else.

Change the outcome.
(Neighbors without grudges are easier to tolerate) :)

New Threads

Top Bottom