• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Roslin, Loanhead and Bilston...

Lemon Zing

An old icehouse I seen near Dryden Farm on Friday, that's close to Rosslyn Chapel at Roslin. There's a caged one at the Hermitage of Braid, near Blackford Hill, which is close to the Braid Hills.

1708863508242.png

1708863553156.png

The only A certified structure of its kind in Scotland. The Bilston viaduct is located only five minutes from the high street in the town of Loanhead. You can get down the side of it into the woods by going down a steep ravine, or going through the woods to the right to get to the other side. The path is usually muddy though, due to the rain.

1708863659082.png

A war memorial I noticed near to the walkway, that goes from Roslin to Millerhall.

1708863784401.png

The Straiton pond near the retail park.

1708863966418.png

1708864061386.png

My nephew was baptised at Rosslyn Chapel, where Tom Hanks once shot a famous movie.

Somebody on YouTube went for a pleasant bike ride. But it's not me. :p

Edinburgh in general, I would say is the pits. The council has oversaturated the land with flats, so you feel boxed in. But there's a lot of hidden away beauty spots dotted about here and there for nature lovers. I.E. Plenty of hills to walk up and down or glens to explore, if that's your thing.

I cycled over the bridge way back in 2001 with my P.E. teacher and two classmates, who were selected for the mini course. Then I completely forgot where it was. But I did remember we came back from school through Millerhall. So it was definitely the Roslin to Shawfair path that we went along, because I remembered the ramp near the Loanhead high street.

New Threads

Top Bottom