• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Rosie O’Donnell gets internet backlash for suggesting that Barron Trump is autistic

AGXStarseed

(Not written by me)

rosie_o_donnell-1.jpg

Rosie O’Donnell, President-elect Donald Trump’s favourite nemesis, has attracted the ire of the internet after suggesting in a tweet that his 10-year-old son Barron Trump may be autistic.

O’Donnell shared a video that includes “evidence” of him displaying mannerisms akin to those with autism, including clapping without touching hands at an event.

She wrote alongside the tweet, “Barron Trump Autistic? if so — what an amazing opportunity to bring attention to the AUTISM epidemic.”

After receiving major backlash from her followers, O’Donnell later tweeted, “moms of special needs kids — WE show up for each other — care n concern were raised.”

O’Donnell has five children, including daughter Chelsea, who suffers from mental health issues.

She went on to say that she hopes Trump will use this as a way to promote mental health awareness, writing, “not my movie clip — lots of us — who raise autistic children notice things many would miss… somethings felt familiar.”

Source Article (with Tweets): http://news.nationalpost.com/arts/c...-for-suggesting-that-barron-trump-is-autistic

I have no opinion on whether or not Barron Trump is on the spectrum or not, but I tend to see any kind of diagnosis from afar like this pretty spurious. In any case I would say his privacy should be respected just as any other president's children who are minors (Trump's adult children who are likely involved in some unethical things are fair game for criticism though).

If Donald Trump did make any kind of outreach to the autism community for whatever reason, that would be great, but I'm really not expecting that from someone who mocked a reporter's disability and has been sued for ADA violations several times.

Does anyone really care what Rosie O'Donnell has to say anymore? She's been as "has-been" since about 1996. Anyway, her comments fall into the "who gives a **** what a celebrity has to say" category.

Honestly, she is the slime on the barnacles on the keel of the leaky scow of celebrity opinion. Like him or not, Trump is now a significant individual on the world stage. Ms. O'Donnel? Just angry, ignored and playing for attention.

tell us how you really feel. :)

Not to go off on a rant here, but celebrities seem to think somehow that the mere fact they are famous somehow gives them the right to bloviate about things they don't know anything about. "i will lend my famousness to xyz cause..." to end hunger or AIDS research or whatever. If the celebrities that have made commercials supporting the ASPCA got together, they could fund the ASPCA by themselves for years for goodness sakes. How about they actually DO something about these problems instead of just flapping their lips. No one gives a crap about your political opinion about ANYTHING... just sing your songs, play your parts, and shut the **** up. Your job is to amuse the rest of us for a few minutes so we can forget about being poor, hungry, homeless, disenfranchised, and generally beat down by life.

Their deeds, their role in society, is pleasant, but ultimately meaningless, so they seek meaning by throwing their vacuous, vapid, idiotic opinions behind whatever cause strikes their narcissistic, ignorant fancy. These pairings are generally ludicrous and irritating to most thinking people.

There are exceptions, but they are rare. And the exceptional celebrities generally regard performing as a job and don't necessarily think they know anything, or that anyone will listen to them because they are attractive or entertaining.

She could be right possibly, old man Trump just won't admit it.

Plus I fell out with Rosie when she ruined the role of the hottest female cartoon character since Betty Boop, Betty Rubble, with due respect to the woman she's not super slim like Betty's supposed to be.

She could be right possibly, old man Trump just won't admit it.

Plus I fell out with Rosie when she ruined the role of the hottest female cartoon character since Betty Boop, Betty Rubble, with due respect to the woman she's not super slim like Betty's supposed to be.

I hear she auditioned for Fred, and was *barely edged out by John Goodman. So, Betty was a consolation role to prevent her throwing a tantrum.

I don't think Rosie O'Donnell was promoting autism so much as using it as a club to whack Donald Trump in pursuit of their very public and personal vendetta.

Not cool.

New Threads

Top Bottom