• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Reset password.

clg114

Still crazy, after all these years.
V.I.P Member
I need to reset my password. I bought a new desk top computer. My lap top and my old computer know the pass word, but I do not. Right now I can only access my account on the lap top, which is a bit small for old eyes. When I try to reset my password, it says that a e-mail has been sent with a link to reset. I never get a e-mail and I have tried numerous times. Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

clg114 This is probably a dumb question Did you double check which email account AC has for you? Another: did you look in all the folders on your email - for me, the ones from AC often end up in the folder marked 'promotions' and sometimes randomly in 'spam.'

Congrats on the new machine. :)

clg114 This is probably a dumb question Did you double check which email account AC has for you? Another: did you look in all the folders on your email - for me, the ones from AC often end up in the folder marked 'promotions' and sometimes randomly in 'spam.'

Congrats on the new machine. :)

Thank you. I have only had one e-mail address since I have had a computer. I have checked all of the folders on my e-mail for a link from AC. I reset my password several years ago and that password does not work ether. I do not know what is going on.

Welcome.
Lots of people here are more knowledgable than I. But it nags at me when there are annoyances like you are encountering.
When weird stuff happens like that, I go over the simplest things first.
Is AC's address in its contacts list?
On AC go to your account: to 1. Privacy and 2. to Contact Information and check that the boxes for emails are checked? Then press Save.

Welcome.
Lots of people here are more knowledgable than I. But it nags at me when there are annoyances like you are encountering.
When weird stuff happens like that, I go over the simplest things first.
Is AC's address in its contacts list?
On AC go to your account: to 1. Privacy and 2. to Contact Information and check that the boxes for emails are checked? Then press Save.

Those are good ideas. I went to my account and everything is checked. I pressed Save again after looking, just to be sure. AC's address is in my contacts list. Is that what you meant?

yes.
Just wondering if you get any emails from AC? Maybe a spam filter somewhere is blocking it.

AH HA! I think you are on the right track. Now that you have raised that question, no, I have not received any e-mail from AC in quite some time. I used to get e-mails from AC fairly often. Also, I am not getting them on ether computer, which would suggest that the computers are not the problem. It must be a problem with my e-mail provider. The strange thing is, I get lots of spam mail and they just go in the spam file, which I check before deleting. I think I am going to get one of my grand kids to help me figure it out, they are very computer savy. Thank you for your suggestions, I think they have me going in the right direction. Please let me know if you think of anything else.

Just curious if you figured out what the problem was clg114 ?

Not yet. I messaged Brent about resetting my password or even what my present password is, but I have not gotten a answer yet. I have tried to reset every day and every day it says a reset e-mail has been sent. But I never get a e-mail from AC. I really need to know if the e-mails are actually being sent or not, so I can figure out which end the problem is at. In the meantime I am using my laptop. Thank you for your concern.

I need to reset my password. I bought a new desk top computer. My lap top and my old computer know the pass word, but I do not. Right now I can only access my account on the lap top, which is a bit small for old eyes. When I try to reset my password, it says that a e-mail has been sent with a link to reset. I never get a e-mail and I have tried numerous times. Does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

I am posting as clg113. I have no way of getting on AC as clg114 because I do not have a password to that account. It looks like I am breaking the rules by opening another account,but this is the only way I could post. I really want to use my old clg114 account, but I do not know the password. I try to reset the password every day, with no success. I have disabled all the filters on my e-mail in case that was the problem. I really need to know if the reset emails are being sent and to what e-mail address. Maybe the problem is on my end, I do not know. If Brent or someone on staff would look into this, I would be very grateful. Thank you...Lee

New Threads

Top Bottom