• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Relaxing

richbebo

This is something i do a lot which not only relaxes me at the time but also makes me a calmer and clearer thinker, you dont have to be a Buddist or Psycic to do this dont worry. Meditating is very good for the brain and can make you smarter in the long run. Heres how you do it...
Next time you find yourself alone(could even be sittin on the jon lol) just get yourself into a nice relaxing position, try not to lie down or you might fall asleep. When your body is relaxed and loose just close your eyes and try to let all your thaughts go. You can do this by counting down from 20 in your head and while doing this picture the numbers as you do it. Dont worry if thaughts come into your head whilst doing so just let them come and go. Keep counting down until you feel totaly relaxed your brain at this stage should only let in nice positive thoughts. Now you can let your imagination take over. Try to imagine yourself in a nice happy environmet like the beach, listen to the sounds of the waves, feel the warm sand beneath your feet, look at the perfect blue sky with seaguls and maybe even imagine some nice tropical beach music. When you are ready open your eyes and snap back to reality nad notice how calm you feel.
Doing this often will make you a calmer person, i've also read that it increases the size of your brain, and it also improves psycic abilities (if you believe in that stuff, which i do). I do it all the time and despite being an aspie i'm a pretty happy person alot of the time. Give it a go.

New Threads

Top Bottom