• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Real-Life Name Rater

Riley

Can anyone act as a real-world answer to Pokemon's Name Rater for me? I have trouble feeling confident in the names I give my characters. And worry about whether they're too Mary Sue-ish or not.

i guess i could try but i don't know if i would be very helpful. i try to name my characters after important aspects of their personalities. for example, if one is very rigid and drawn to rules, i might call her habitha. naming characters can be a challenge, but sometimes you just have to keep thinking about it. characters may change over time as your refine their designs, and their names may change as well.

hmm.........the name is unassuming and innocuous enough. for some reason, the name you chose brings a certain type of character to mind. one that may be covering a dark secret, a secret that ruined their past and continues to overshadow their future. they may be peaceful, just wanting a typical life, and only harming someone with the truth when necessary. or they may have other plans. Good examples of these characters are Anri Sonohara from Durarara, 11 from stranger things, or even Homura Akemi from puella magi madoka magica.

Last edited:
now, name raters usually for some reward (in pokemon, usually monetary). all i ask is for some simple suggestions for my own characters. would anyone happen to know a useful type of magic involving numbers and logic? it should be one that can cause physical or psychological damage. what i was thinking was either the ability to project numbers from ones mind into other people's minds or onto surfaces, or being able to concentrate the numbers into elements somehow, and using the elements to harm.

I came up with a girl named Samantha Morton.
I like that name. It's pleasing to the ears. Sounds like she could be the protagonist of a YA series like Harry Potter. Plus there are lots of opportunities for nicknames, like "Sam" if she wants to bend gender norms a bit, or maybe a close friend (potential love interest?) could refer to her as "Sammy"... or even "Samwise" if she or they are the geeky type. :D

Heck I don't even know anything about your character besides her name and I'm already coming up with headcanons about her! That's how you know you've made the right choice for a character's name - it's very versatile and stirs the imagination.

New Threads

Top Bottom