• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Random thing that annoys me

Ste11aeres

One thing that really irritates me is how people think that chicken should be cooked more than other meats. According to the USDA Chicken can be pink inside and still perfectly safe :banghead:

One thing that really irritates me is how people think that chicken should be cooked more than other meats. According to the USDA Chicken can be pink inside and still perfectly safe :banghead:

ahahah! I love your enthusiasm you've displayed towards this "pet peeve" of yours. :laugh:

I hate seeing an animal bullied by another...I know, I know, it's Mother Nature...but I'll be at a park or in the woods talking to an animal or looking at a bird...then another animal [or bird] shows up, goes after the first...in a hostile gesture...grrrr! I mean, come on! Can't you [2nd animal] see I'm having a conversation with the first animal????!! hmm....

I hate seeing an animal bullied by another...I know, I know, it's Mother Nature...but I'll be at a park or in the woods talking to an animal or looking at a bird...then another animal [or bird] shows up, goes after the first...in a hostile gesture...grrrr! I mean, come on! Can't you [2nd animal] see I'm having a conversation with the first animal????!! hmm....
One of my rats bullies the other.
I hate seeing a human parent bullying their child.

I had 2 birds & one started bullying the other. Ok so now I can say "rats" to you! ;D Some of em look cute.

Uggg I hate seeing that-parent that bullies a child. That's a random thing that annoys me!
Once at the supermarket I heard an aisle over a woman yelling & hitting her child. Then I saw them, he was very young [I can't remember but the kid wasn't old enough to understand why he was getting punished.] She was older like a grandma. I told her she shouldn't hit the child.
When I see this bullying, seems like the youngster just needs attention & a hug.

One of my rats bullies the other.
I hate seeing a human parent bullying their child.

One thing that really annoys me is people who drive their cars too fast. I live on a main road in a small village and there are regularly fast drivers who drive dangerously up and down the road at all hours of the day and night. Sometimes on a friday or saturday night it sounds like a racetrack with (usually) young guys in their customized cars making lots of noise going too fast. I think that the law is too soft on these people especially when there are so many casualties which are directly caused by excessive speed.:mad:

Wow, those are all very commendable annoyances. Mine is people using incorrect language on the telly. It winds me up something rotten and I am very often to be found shouting at the telly. Saying bought when they mean brought, less instead of fewer, pressurized for pressured. Flood water recedes, it does NOT subside, and no end of men in London are taken to hospital with serious head injuries - what, are they all Worzel Gummidge? - serious injuries to the head!! Once, at Kings Cross, a woman was stabbed in the ticket office; I am still trying to figure out what that was a euphimism for. However, the best one of all time was Moira Stewart on Breakfast, and I quote, "the man who cloned the World's first sheep...." You'd think of all people she would have known better. :mad3:

On some forms, there is a question of the form: When was the last time you did X? The available options are within last week, within last month, within last year, etc... This annoys me because if 'within last week' is true, then all of the options are true. It's a very porrly worded question.

For me space taking people are my biggest peeve. When your buying something in a supermarket and your waiting with your things on the convayor belt. The person in front has for a load of items and you only have 1 or 2 bits, the person always stands at the back of their shopping giving you only about 2 inches to breathe. In my head I'm shouting at them to move up a bit

I find the fact that a number raised to the "0" power is 1 to be utterly frustrating. I have seen many explanations for this but no matter what they are I don't like the logic around it even though its right in mathematical law. In my school days I must have just memorized it and accepted it to move on but I still don't like it to this day.

I find the fact that a number raised to the "0" power is 1 to be utterly frustrating. I have seen many explanations for this but no matter what they are I don't like the logic around it even though its right in mathematical law. In my school days I must have just memorized it and accepted it to move on but I still don't like it to this day.

It makes perfect sense and is a consequence of the rules of handling exponents. Any nonzero number x can be expressed as x = 1*x. If we raise this to some exponent n, we get x^n = 1^n * x^n = 1 * x^n. From this, we get 1 = x^n / x^n = x^n*x^(-n) = x^(n-n) = x^0. That probably isn't the best proof, but it shows that x^0 = 1 follows from the basic rules of handling exponents.

Edit:
The wikipedia version is better. Exponents can be defined with the initial condition that x^1 = x and x^(n+1) = x^n * x (n is an integer, x is nonzero). The recursion can be rewritten as x^n = x^(n+1) / x. If we set n to zero, we get x^0 = x^1 / x, but since x^1 = x, we get x^0 = x/x = 1. QED.

Last edited:
It makes perfect sense and is a consequence of the rules of handling exponents. Any nonzero number x can be expressed as x = 1*x. If we raise this to some exponent n, we get x^n = 1^n * x^n = 1 * x^n. From this, we get 1 = x^n / x^n = x^n*x^(-n) = x^(n-n) = x^0. That probably isn't the best proof, but it shows that x^0 = 1 follows from the basic rules of handling exponents.

Edit:
The wikipedia version is better. Exponents can be defined with the initial condition that x^1 = x and x^(n+1) = x^n * x (n is an integer, x is nonzero). The recursion can be rewritten as x^n = x^(n+1) / x. If we set n to zero, we get x^0 = x^1 / x, but since x^1 = x, we get x^0 = x/x = 1. QED.

Ah ok so that list bit about x^0= x/x = 1 does sound reasonable. I can wrap my head around that. I guess my problem with this is that I can't seem to make sense of the the idea of having 5 of something and increasing it exponentially 0 times and getting 1 thing. But I do get the mathematical reason for it. Its funny, I work with numbers all day but this one concept just never sat well with me, even though it is correct and proven.

Ah ok so that list bit about x^0= x/x = 1 does sound reasonable. I can wrap my head around that. I guess my problem with this is that I can't seem to make sense of the the idea of having 5 of something and increasing it exponentially 0 times and getting 1 thing. But I do get the mathematical reason for it. Its funny, I work with numbers all day but this one concept just never sat well with me, even though it is correct and proven.

It's weird, but when you are raising a number to some power, you are multiplying that number by itself a certain number of times. If the power is zero, you aren't doing any multiplication, so you get the identity back, which is 1 for multiplication.

I hate that my fiance can eat whatever he wants and because of his job and his metabolism he's like Jughead from the Archie comics... and that I can't do that anymore. I'm on this boring diet just to look good for the wedding and they say you'll eventually not miss carbs and sugar... so far I miss it alllll. I can't even have cheese. :{

I am also annoyed by obliviousness in conversations. If it's 110 outside, it is NOT right to ask a question as dumb as "so they had you working in the heat today?" to start a conversation. Try harder, people! Be random! LOL!!!!

Hot and cold people annoy me. Example-one guy says hello and is very friendly talking to me especially when he needed weight lifting advice [his genetics tend to make him skinny when he doesn't lift weights or eat enough.] Or if he just felt like talking. He's about 5 years younger than me & lives in the neighborhood. But the next 5 or 10xs he sees me, it's as if I have the plague and he barely says a muted hello while walking past me.

Then just when I've given up on the guy, he'll be friendly again wanting to chat. Since I don't socialize as much as I'd like, I engage him in conversation when I can. But it's not just him. The same thing happens with other NT's...I'm not sure how to act. Sometimes I just want to tell them to go f*ck themselves. Then I remember perhaps for 100 different reasons, that's the way they are. I try to protect my heart but often I'm caught off guard when others are either friendly or being indifferent.

I become annoyed when people believe anything they see on TV or the media. It's an obsession that I need to work on.

New Threads

Top Bottom