• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

R.I.P. - Beth Chapman

:eek: :( I remember watching parts of their show, basically COPS on steroids in a way... it was quite entertaining...

:eek: :( I remember watching parts of their show, basically COPS on steroids in a way... it was quite entertaining...

True, I suspect much of the aggression is strictly for the cameras. Though some of that anger and exasperation can be for real. Unlike the cops, if someone skips bail it's at the expense of the bail bondsmen and anyone who cosigns for one to make bail.

While it's their business, they tend to take jumping bail per$onally. And since they have no specified legal authority to use lethal force, it stands to reason for a bounty hunter's bark to be far worse than their bite. And unlike the cops it's imperative for bailbondsmen to remand bail jumpers into policy custody in one piece. On the other hand, with cops it's possible to go from a routine traffic stop directly to the morgue. :eek:

On occasion I've wondered what a bail bonds operation balance sheet really looks like. It doesn't strike me as an easy business to operate at a profit. But then the same can be said about restaurants and other business pursuits. Go figure. :confused:

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom