• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Queerplatonic Crush on a Neurotypical

bluhmaster

Certified Puppy
i have no idea what to do!!! i cant find any resources on confessing and its just so stressful trying to find advice!! a queerplatonic relationship is lots of things, for me its a space between romantic and platonic or a friendship with commitment and trust. please give advice!!

Honest question, but why do you need to confess? Is it so that you can show mutual commitment, or do you feel like they deserve to know how you feel about them?

I don’t know much about queerplatonic crushes, but do you think they know? And do you think they would be understanding? How does their allistic nature factor into your current friendship. Do you sometimes have difficulty communicating or understanding each other.

My first instinct is to talk about this in a way that makes you as comfortable as possible, so that you don't get overloaded. It can be through writing, or when you both are engaged in some activity together. Having a serious "talk" might be too stressful and some information might get lost or misunderstood if you are rushing to get everything out.

However, I don't know much about queerplatonic relationships, so it's up to you to read into the situation, hence the questions at the beginning. Be prepared that they might be looking for a romantic relationship, or just prefer being friends without the commitment.

I wish you the best!

Honest question, but why do you need to confess? Is it so that you can show mutual commitment, or do you feel like they deserve to know how you feel about them?

I don’t know much about queerplatonic crushes, but do you think they know? And do you think they would be understanding? How does their allistic nature factor into your current friendship. Do you sometimes have difficulty communicating or understanding each other.

My first instinct is to talk about this in a way that makes you as comfortable as possible, so that you don't get overloaded. It can be through writing, or when you both are engaged in some activity together. Having a serious "talk" might be too stressful and some information might get lost or misunderstood if you are rushing to get everything out.

However, I don't know much about queerplatonic relationships, so it's up to you to read into the situation, hence the questions at the beginning. Be prepared that they might be looking for a romantic relationship, or just prefer being friends without the commitment.

I wish you the best!

i feel like i need to confess because if i dont, i feel like they will weigh on me :(
also i dont think they know, and im scared of confessing because i might drag them away like i did with my gf (too much love)

i have no idea what to do!!! i cant find any resources on confessing and its just so stressful trying to find advice!! a queerplatonic relationship is lots of things, for me its a space between romantic and platonic or a friendship with commitment and trust. please give advice!!
I am not sure what you mean by confess. it sounds like you might find it useful to have a chat with somebody you trust, somebody who wants the best for you, somebody who will tell you the truth even at the cost of their relationship with you.

A lot of people don't speak internet. The NT party may think the words "queerplatonic crush" are bizarre, and might find "I think you're pretty cool--Should we hang out more" a lot better.

im scared of confessing because i might drag them away like i did with my gf (too much love)
As you can see, several of us are a bit confused by the need to confess anything here.

Is there anything you can learn from your relationship with your past girlfriend that you could apply here? Some people have an urge to confess that it is very strong, and typically this is related to symptoms of OCD.

While open communication is important between friends, it may not be as necessary to divulge all of your inner thoughts as you think. Perhaps you can give it time, let the relationship continue to grow and to settle and in time, you will be able to say more about how you feel.

As you can see, several of us are a bit confused by the need to confess anything here.

Is there anything you can learn from your relationship with your past girlfriend that you could apply here? Some people have an urge to confess that it is very strong, and typically this is related to symptoms of OCD.

While open communication is important between friends, it may not be as necessary to divulge all of your inner thoughts as you think. Perhaps you can give it time, let the relationship continue to grow and to settle and in time, you will be able to say more about how you feel.

well i just dont want to give her too much love like i did with my ex
and i honestly dont want to drive them away

I understand those types. I have been sorta of pursued by men with this since l was very young. It sort of depends how open minded the person is into friendships in general. You can just take one day at a time, respect their space, and listen to the word "no" and respect it. I plan to move back with someone like this because they have always been there for me. Good luck with this endeavor and may you find the right person for this.:)

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom