• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Psychoneurosis

RavenSly

Psychoneurosis, also known as Neurotic Disorder, is just that, the medical disorder of being Neurotic, that is, having chronic anxiety, but neither delusions nor hallucinations. Neurosis is also a blanket term that refers to a family of conditions containing a number of more well-known disorders, such as Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Anxiety Disorder, and Hysteria.

I actually self-diagnosed myself with Psychoneurosis, since I have a lot of its symptoms, described on Dictionary.com as, "Neurosis: Also called psychoneurosis, a functional disorder in which feelings of anxiety, obsessional thoughts, compulsive acts, and physical complaints without objective evidence of disease, in various degrees and patterns, dominate the personality."

Essentially, it means if you complain and whine a lot, obsess over aches and pains, panic that you're getting some horrible disease from relatively minor things, worry obsessively about how other people think of you, and jump into situations, making split-second decisions based on urges that you haven't really thought about before acting on them, then you may very well have this condition. Obviously you'd want to talk to your doctor about it before diagnosing yourself [as I now have, and she seemed to agree with me about it, although she didn't really make a decision one way or the other.]

New Threads

Top Bottom