• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Programmers?

AstrumSystema

Any autie/aspie programmers? How does your neurotype affect your programming, if at all? For me I think it helps me with understanding the logic; also, I love the way programming syntax is so rational. Follow the rules and everything works.

I was a programmer for more than 20 years. Being able to visualise processes and run them inside your head is useful. Being good with numbers is useful.

I'm an Aspie programmer! I generally work with C++ and sometimes JavaScript. Lately I've been messing around with digital modelling and cry engine programming as well.
Coding comes across as instinctive for me and its also something I really enjoy. I think that being an Aspie gives me the memory ability to learn the languages I use quickly and also allows me to quickly come to solution.
I like math as well; so that helps.

I'm an Aspie programmer! I generally work with C++ and sometimes JavaScript. Lately I've been messing around with digital modelling and cry engine programming as well.
Coding comes across as instinctive for me and its also something I really enjoy. I think that being an Aspie gives me the memory ability to pick up the languages I use quickly and also allows me to quickly come to solution.
I like math as well; so that helps.
Cool! I've never been good with C or derivatives, I prefer interpreted languages.

Sorry, but how does MIME Base64 encoding text on a webpage defeat deep packet inspection "censorship"?

Sorry, but how does MIME Base64 encoding text on a webpage defeat deep packet inspection "censorship"?
It fools at least a few tools into thinking it's audio due to the format and the audio headers added. The quasi-poly defeats the hashers used a lot in China.

Well, I'm surprised that it works then, but I'll believe you that it does and shift any of my remaining lack-of-being-impressed-ness over to the people doing the inspection...
In the spirit I ROT-13 encoded this message for security purposes, twice! ;)

Well, I'm surprised that it works then, but I'll believe you that it does and shift any of my remaining lack-of-being-impressed-ness over to the people doing the inspection...
In the spirit I ROT-13 encoded this message for security purposes, twice! ;)
Well done :)

I am an astrophysics major, which pretty much just makes me a programmer that likes space. I typically use Python/Cython, and sometimes C. Programming makes sense to me since it is logical and straightforward.

I love programming! It's one of my greatest pleasures. I don't do it for a living because of having to work with other people. It's my secret hobby. Every so often I pick up where I left off. A couple years ago I I decided to learn how to write apps, so I learnt objective C. I love it!

Other than doing basic HTML stuff as a job, and using the programming language built into this development tool called Game Maker (lots of people who do "real" programming tend to look down upon it) as a hobby, I wouldn't really call myself a programmer. I want to learn to use a more "industry standard" programming language that's good for video game development though, but I don't really know which one to commit to. Plus, I end up wanting to get ahead of myself and taking on projects that I don't quite have the knowledge of the programming language to do properly, and end up being disappointed with the results.

Well Programming was invented so that some people can sit in a dark corner by themselves all day, and still make a decent living.

I want to learn to use a more "industry standard" programming language that's good for video game development though, but I don't really know which one to commit to. Plus, I end up wanting to get ahead of myself and taking on projects that I don't quite have the knowledge of the programming language to do properly, and end up being disappointed with the results.
Technically GML is a scripting language, but it is VERY helpful. I'd say learn C++ then learn C# (which is the same, just better).

New Threads

Top Bottom