• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Programmers?

When I was in high school (88-94) the graphing calculators first came widely into use. I wrote programs for many of them. I still have my TI-85. I also had a Casio for awhile when the school was using TI, so I wrote programs that would allow them to do some of the same things. One nice thing was the math teacher would pull me out of boring classes like Government and have me write programs for some of his younger classes. In school I earned the name Mr. Calculator and an award for top math student.

After college I worked at an engineering company that was in the process of going from IBM CADAM (mainframe) to Autocad, and translations were often iffy. So I often wrote creative lisp routines that would clean up different aspects of the drawings to make them presentable to the big automaker customers.

These days I create long formulas in Excel but that's about it. I am into too many other things now.

When I was in high school (88-94) the graphing calculators first came widely into use. I wrote programs for many of them. I still have my TI-85. I also had a Casio for awhile when the school was using TI, so I wrote programs that would allow them to do some of the same things. One nice thing was the math teacher would pull me out of boring classes like Government and have me write programs for some of his younger classes. In school I earned the name Mr. Calculator and an award for top math student.

After college I worked at an engineering company that was in the process of going from IBM CADAM (mainframe) to Autocad, and translations were often iffy. So I often wrote creative lisp routines that would clean up different aspects of the drawings to make them presentable to the big automaker customers.

These days I create long formulas in Excel but that's about it. I am into too many other things now.
Spreadsheet software is incredible. I actually use Google Sheets to map and simulate the memory usage of programs if they're not well optimized by the compiler to see if i can do better :)

Back when I did non hobby/game cheating programming work, I found it impossibly frustrating because ever time I had to go through someone elses code work it was full of blatant errors and innefficiency, it was maddening!

New Threads

Top Bottom