• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

With inkjet printers I learned two things pretty fast. To buy the XL high-yield sized cartridges, and not to routinely turn on the printer unless I actually intend to print from it. (Avoid unnecessary cleaning cycles that waste more ink.)

After two rounds of buying both black and colored ink it amounts to the cost of the printer itself. Still though I suppose it's a bit better than being addicted to a controlled substance. :eek:

Good reason to keep your old laser printer. Still peeves me though that I can only get 600 DPI using Windows 7 while I can get 1200 DPI using Windows XP. :rolleyes: Maybe I'll upgrade the laser printer when it runs out of toner.

I use an old HP LaserJet 1010 that i got for free where i worked a few years ago.
The printer is pretty annoying to install on windows, I have to install the HP 3050 driver get the 1010 driver to work on Windows 7. I'm happy i installed Linux on my computer so i can use CUPS (Common Unix Printing System) and avoid installing drivers on that printer.

I do not print to frequently, and when i print it is usually only documents containing text.

I have plans to buy a Inkjet printer for image related tasks, but it is on the bottom on my Shopping list

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom