• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Practicing relaxation, but for an indefinite length of time?

UberScout

Please Don't Be Mad At Me 02/09/1996
V.I.P Member
Don't get me wrong, I love this, and I've been doing this for several days now.

As you can imagine, some days I've been using hypnosis to help with it. I don't *need* to do it per se, but it really helps and feels amazing to wake up from.

I'm trying not to use it too much because my therapist warned me about overuse of hypnosis, because your mind could latch on to whatever you're listening to if you've been listening to it long enough, and it can take a while for it to wear off when it happens.

So I'm switching between turning myself into Kirby and holding a pillow with two blankets over me while I sit up and concentrate on breathing. It's almost the same effect just without an induction.

Mrs. Pepper and I decided to call it the "Blue Fish" method, it originated from a painting on her wall, well, it's where i got the idea.

But what i wanted to talk about is how long she wants me to practice this. Now obviously, since this whole exercise is centered around relaxing and being calm, which is really good for you, I don't see a reason she would tell me to stop at any point in time, and I dont either. It's been a decade and a few years since I've been truly calm. Looking back on it now, in fact... my whole childhood up till I turned 20 was just one big panic attack.

But now that I found the secret of being calm, staying relaxed, I don't have to worry. I'm myself again.

And, just to avoid confusion from my habits in the future, as i have been recommended to use hypnosis as a form of therapy (which I should add, she approved recreational hypnosis as well, but like stated above, in moderation), there may be times where I say something in chat that happens during trance.

I have given myself a few rules for this, however.

- Nothing sexual/erotic, ever. I'm learning to relax, not smack it.
- Transformations are limited to Pokemon, Kirby, and wolves.

Please don't think I'm weird! :p

Im so glad to see you on this path and that you found something that helps you! Good job and be happy :smilecat:

A new pack sister! Yah!!
If I may. Skyrim music can help too. It's really relaxing and on Youtube.
By the way. Hhhhhhhooooowwwwwwlllll!!!;)

A new pack sister! Yah!!

Hah, pack sister? Well, I'd be more of a brother cause, I'm a boy, lol. But its okay!

And yes, roooooow!

That sounds great, yes self hypnosis recordings work quite well for me, I find them pleasant and reassuring, not all but certain ones with nice calming voices. I suppose the therapist wants you to be calm, but also to remember to live your life in the world. Not much going on in the world at present though, what with covid issues. But that'll change with the vaccines.

A new pack sister! Yah!!
A little trick, in case you don't know: if you click on people's names it opens up their details.

New Threads

Top Bottom