• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Post a Historical Fact that is often forgotten/misunderstood today

Ste11aeres

The following is somewhat ironic
Margaret Sanger was strongly against abortion (though advocating other forms of contraception).
Today, the organization she founded, Planned Parenthood, is one of the largest providers of abortion around.
Many persons who speak out against abortion do an ad hominem attack by trying to let everyone know what a horrible person Margaret Sanger was (racist, and a eugenicist) as an attempt to discredit Planned Parenthood. While forgetting that she was herself against abortion, and therefore at least partly on their side.

History is horrible to women.
Marie Antoinette never said "Let them eat cake", which was actually a catchphrase created and perpetuated by revolutionists without her input...the word "cake" a reference to the oven scrapings of the poor. She was beheaded in light of several press releases that attributed the phrase to her.
One of the greatest female Philosophers, Hippolyta, was murdered by an angry mob in the midst of a political issue that did not involve her directly. It's suspected that much of her writing was lost under the names of male relatives that may or may not have existed.

I know a lot of these. The main one that bothers me is how few people know about Hawaiian history. American plantation owners illegally overthrew the Hawaiian queen because she tried to give the native Hawaiians their rights that had been taken away from them back. There's a bunch of other things about that that I don't have enough space or remember off the top of my head to talk about.

New Threads

Top Bottom