• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Skittlebisquit

Just keep trying, victory brings glory
V.I.P Member
Peshair is an acronym of my seven favorite words. It is a secret joy of mine that meant the world to me when it happened. I found that dry-erase markers work quite well on old appliances, so trash turned into treasure, ie the old freezer in the basement that i cant use, move, sell or throw away becomes a whiteboard. It does stain the surface somewhat, but i just dont care.
20201228_112938.jpg

This is the statement distilled from the freezer art. Its produced on legacy gear, 8.5 x 11 paper with a bit of color added in.

The next part is what made the healing start. Its a collection of POSITIVE words, pronouns and modifying terms. Also printed out on hand me down office equipment, and glued onto magnet stock from the craft store.
20201228_113418.jpg

So i can make a sentence out of it. I was like the Golem character in the film with my art stuff for a while, to insecure to share. But the drawbridge broke and the moat dried up, and eventually someone saw it.

She said three things. It cannot be marketed as the magnets are a choking hazard(sad but true), it is almost more fun doing it on a table without the magnets anyways, and needs more words. These were her sugesstions.
20201228_115643.jpg
20201228_113418.jpg

I've done similar things with art whiteboards, and agree that's it's a good way to understand yourself. It's helped me clearly with thoughts and ideas.
Each week I looked at all the words, and condensed them. From the condenced words/ideas I further winnowed them down to fewer words. Then compiled them all together, looking for patterns. It aided me in understanding myself.

New Threads

Top Bottom