• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

People as obsessions

Thank you. All of you. I've been holding on to this grudge against them for so long I got poisoned by the need for bloodlust. Even after a long time, I've to tell myself to forget them and move on. I tried to find myself a girlfriend, but sadly I'm not worthy for such a thing. Whenever I see a couple, I would use it as a reminder of why they betrayed me. They did it all in the name of sex. The both already have 3 or more kids. Then one day I heard things have been hellish for both of them. As much as I would love to tell them, "so this is what happens when you become sex hungry," I just can't do it. Saying something like that would only make me no better than they are. I'll let the forces of karma deal with them. As for finding happiness, it's better for me to earn it, than to waste my time looking for it and wind up with nothing and be rejected.
Relationships are tricky, especially intimate ones. You'll find someone some day that has similar physical, mental, emotional, and activity needs. Love is all around you, you just need to guard against negative people, and find good ones. That's part of having self worth: know what you want and have good boundaries.

Anybody else have an obsession with using pattern recognition and advanced math to map out behavioral patterns in humans? I find that to be an odd obsession of mine. My parents have always tried to convince me that the "human factor" is really just a random variable that can't be understood but for years I swear I've broken down large portions of human behavior into equations.
Yes!!!

I often find I get super interested in one of my friends, especially if it's a shiny new friend. Does anybody relate?
Yes! I get obsessed with talk to new friends, especially of the opposite sex. I feel that it's because I don't have any friends, except one long distance one, and so I get super pumped up thinking that I'll be able to be a good friend of theirs forever even if I've only known them for a little while. I have no friends around me ergo I crave after them a little too much when I start to get them.

Oh yes, I definitely relate.

I get attached to people very quickly, and intensely... IMO its because people usually disappear pretty quick so I cling to the ones who don't disappear straight away, usually to my detriment.

Not over the top obsessed to the living or friends but I can relate. I have very few friends (offline) so I have always been protective of them. In a way, my mind sees them as an extension of myself and s such their continued happiness and well being is my own. This has led to many things from rumors to discredit attackers on friends to worrying if they haven't been heard from in a while or got hurt.

I am obsessed with historical and legendary people. Well, more their minds and how their surroundings shaped them. Stalin and Hitler for example. If there is a documentary going on, I record and watch it.

New Threads

Top Bottom