• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Pando: A good alternative to MegaUpload, FileSonic, etc.

. . .

V.I.P Member

To you people who used sites such as MegaUpload, FileSonic, and other file-hosting sites that have gone down the drain - I recommend a nice app called Pando which allows you to upload 1 GB files at a time.

With a free account, you can upload and send 1 GB files at a time, but if you split your files up into multiple archives, you can send stuff of a much larger size.

Personally, I prefer Pando to using typical file-hosting sites since you can upload much larger files and you can also download an infinite amount of files at once without needing a premium account. I also like how you can begin downloading files before the person you want to receive files from even finishes uploading their files. My only complaints about Pando is that the advertisement banner is kind of annoying (but it can be removed by adding stuff to your hosts file) and how both you and the person you're sending files to has to have the Pando client installed.

Pando functions very much like any BitTorrent. It does, in fact, function as a normal BitTorrent client. Pando uses the BitTorrent protocol to transfer files.

Using Pando is very similar to using any BitTorrent client. A Pando upload begins with meta-data stored within a file with a .pando filename extension. Also like BitTorrent, this file may be sent via e-mail or published on a website or exchanged with the recipient in some other way (such as via IM). And, like BitTorrent, the downloader must first install the Pando software.

Pando uses a 256-bit end-to-end encryption[2] method to secure communication among peers.

The primary difference with traditional BitTorrent file transfer operation is that a copy of the shared file is uploaded to Pando's servers[3] and remains there for a limited time, seeding it. In this way, the file remains available even after the original sender goes offline.

Note - Pando is 100% legal.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom