• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Painkiller for post op Thoracic, with sensitive bowels

LogicalMind

A close relative of mine (56) requires medication, and doctors have prescribed stuff like Napflam which causes bleeding in the intestinal tract. One doctor recommended my relative start something similar to morphine, but I am requesting advice from members here on painkillers. Preferably least toxic pain killers, and sensitive to bowles. The person has had a botched thoracic op, from 12 years ago, and lives in quite a considerable amount of pain, but not extreme pain... Staples in thorax

Gratsi for any advice (bows in obeisance)

Also, I would deeply respect opinions of members whom I may have offended in the past, as I recognize their wisdom is superior to mine on many fields, especially this one...and mine is inferior.

apart from painkillers you need to talk to them about anxiety ,surgeons only give anaesthetic because of anxiety -if people didn't panic they wouldn't need anaesthetics.
first high-dose vitamin C 1500 MG come off after two weeks go down to 1000 MG .
are they taking anything for anxiety like benzodiazepine ,Prozac,Valium ?if so you can't take this!!!!!!! if they are not st Johns wort Tea : take a heaped teaspoon infuse with a quarter of a litre of boiling water for a short time .
ST Johns wort (appears to be designed for nerve pain in any part of the body neuralgia ,neuritis, for women menstruation .fitful sleep, speech disorders ,sciatica ,rheumatism ,glandular swellings ,lumbago-this information is from 'health through God's pharmacy 'author Maria Treben,Publisher Ennstahler )Tea .
Ginger ,Tumeric, basil, chilli , wintergreen essential oil , peppermint,these will safely leave the body without interacting with an antidepressant.

apart from painkillers you need to talk to them about anxiety ,surgeons only give anaesthetic because of anxiety -if people didn't panic they wouldn't need anaesthetics.
first high-dose vitamin C 1500 MG come off after two weeks go down to 1000 MG .
are they taking anything for anxiety like benzodiazepine ,Prozac,Valium ?if so you can't take this!!!!!!! if they are not st Johns wort Tea : take a heaped teaspoon infuse with a quarter of a litre of boiling water for a short time .
ST Johns wort (appears to be designed for nerve pain in any part of the body neuralgia ,neuritis, for women menstruation .fitful sleep, speech disorders ,sciatica ,rheumatism ,glandular swellings ,lumbago-this information is from 'health through God's pharmacy 'author Maria Treben,Publisher Ennstahler )Tea .
Ginger ,Tumeric, basil, chilli , wintergreen essential oil , peppermint,these will safely leave the body without interacting with an antidepressant.
Peppermint oil, Peppermint plant leaves, peppermint tea in box...? And thank you for "'health through God's pharmacy 'author Maria Treben" thank you very much (bows)

with peppermint it depends on what he can tolerate for instance I can't internally take peppermint if I can't rid myself of gas ,if you can!!!! peppermint tea.
if not peppermint oil near to the Site of pain may!!!! anaesthetise the area,even better if his digestion is strong Chew raw peppermint leaves,it is much more potent that way,if he can't tolerate it !try a T.E.N.S machine! you can buy one that has a Single pad that you put near to the site of a pain.it's stimulates nerves and muscles electrically !you control the amount of stimulation: Depends on your level of pain or you can buy a machine with two pads linked to wires that plug into the machine, warning do not put it directly on the spine, if you buy a machine with two pads put them on opposite sides of the body. it has a massage action or a pummelling action and usually stimulus levels of 1 to 15.
it's a battery operated Single pad machine uses a hearing aid battery and the double pad machine uses AAA batteries.
I bought one from a catalogue store you can buy them at pharmacists and from the Internet or maybe a department store .

Christ's sake the morphine's fine, peppermint tea isn't going to kill your pain. Most of the pain relievers that cause stomach discomfort are the over-the-counter ones, NSAIDs, etc.
If your only concern is stomach irritation, do yourself a favor & don't slap God in the face - take the M.

:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:D:p:p:po_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Define “sensitive to the bowels”.

NSAIDs can increase the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding, but should always be combined with a proton pump inhibitor (such as omeprazole) to protect the lining of the stomach. When these, combined with acetaminophen, are not sufficient to treat your pain, a weak opiate is added.

Opiates can cause constipation, but should always be combined with a low-dose laxative to counteract that effect. They can cause nausea, but that’s generally a side-effect that wears off. When used to treat pain (and not recreatively) addiction is generally not something to be worried about.

Define “sensitive to the bowels”.

NSAIDs can increase the risk of gastrointestinal bleeding, but should always be combined with a proton pump inhibitor (such as omeprazole) to protect the lining of the stomach. When these, combined with acetaminophen, are not sufficient to treat your pain, a weak opiate is added.

Opiates can cause constipation, but should always be combined with a low-dose laxative to counteract that effect. They can cause nausea, but that’s generally a side-effect that wears off. When used to treat pain (and not recreatively) addiction is generally not something to be worried about.
My mom had colon issues... moderately bad... unable to pass stools, severe constipation... would it still be safe to use an opiate combined with laxative? Im sorry to ask you this, but you are the most medically educated on the whole site... you are gifted... Im sorry to ask... but I am really considering getting her on opiates...and you are wiser than anyone on the site...you studied these at university... inflammation from internal thoracic surgery (staples are probably being rejected) i'm guessing opiates with laxative only way/best way to go? Gratzi (bows)

My mom had colon issues... moderately bad... unable to pass stools, severe constipation... would it still be safe to use an opiate combined with laxative? Im sorry to ask you this, but you are the most medically educated on the whole site... you are gifted... Im sorry to ask... but I am really considering getting her on opiates...and you are wiser than anyone on the site...you studied these at university... inflammation from internal thoracic surgery (staples are probably being rejected) i'm guessing opiates with laxative only way/best way to go? Gratzi (bows)
bulimmia nervose in youth, and spastic colon throughout adulthood...

New Threads

Top Bottom