• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

online 20 hours +???

Rainbowpride

AM FABULOUS DARLINGS
is there anyone who is obsessed with being online am on line 20+ hours a day
from morning to night sometimes without taking a break and all its is is forums and Facebook
and if i cant get on line i get very upset i hate when the internet goes off if there fixing it

I don't even consider it "obsessed" but I spend a lot of time online, or at least on my computer.

But since most stuff I do happens online, either actively or passively I'm online a lot.

I don't neccesarily get upset... perhaps irked if something doesn't work. I've always found that when I have something on my mind, regardless on how important it is, I need to get to it. Perhaps it's just a convenience, that I should be able to look up something on wikipedia for example.

I've talked about being online a lot with friends a while ago; Being born in the 80's and being a teen in the 90's I still lived in the non-internet age and I wouldn't really mind if society would get offline a bit more and treat it less like a neccesity but just as a useful tool.

Not in the sense you describe, but my laptop is NEVER turned off and throughout the day, I am on and off using the internet, but that is because there are so many GOOD things to do. I love coming on here, because it feels like "home" and facebook and Yahoo Answers. I have a thought about something and then can do a quick search; soooo convenient.

I used to get upset if the internet doesn't work, but there was a period of time that I was not allowed to use the internet ( my fault) and at first, it was AWFUL and I seriously was hyperventilating. But after, say, 3 or 4 days, I quietened down and had to begrudging admit that I was getting a lot more things done than before and I began to appreciate the fact that I could not go online. I love reading and doing cross stitching. When I got the internet back ie my lappy, I almost cried and wished I was still banned, but I soon got back into it. What this has taught me is that I can do without it, if I have to. Also, I am not unrealistic to know that something could go badly wrong and there is no internet for some time and so, I make provisions in my head, of things I can do offline.

I got a kid and a job, I can't stay online 20 hours a day. Not good for my health either, I need sleep. But I do use the internet for a large portion of my day for work related stuff, looking up info on my hobbies, maybe watch some shows, and a bit of socializing. The main reason I get irritated when the internet goes out is because as much as our bill costs it'd better stay on 24/7 with no interruptions.

I've always had a deep-rooted interest in everything computers from a pretty early age. My hyperfocus was originally perceived as an obsession, and I had some times where I'd have no computer or internet access for weeks - even months at times. I am moving towards independence, and working on creating job skills from my interest though! 20 hours for any single task a lot, and a balanced life is important. Something that helps me get off so I can get the sleep needed for my day job is just setting a timer in the kitchen, when it goes off, I unwind with something less interactive that draws less of my attention.

New Threads

Top Bottom