• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

One year later....

FromEquestria2LA

So, one year ago Friday (the 13th), I was rediagnosed with Asperger's. This is what I said afterwards on that day:
-----
So my screening confirms that I'm mildly autistic. And I have something to say to you all now:

The question is, where do I go from here? Since 2008ish, I have gone on many soul-searching journeys, but now that my biggest fears has been confirmed, I am left wondering what to do with my life.

Here's what's happened to me: I graduated HS in 2005. I graduated from college 8 years later, both on the same calendar date, June 10. I've never had a job, I go to my future home Los Angeles once every July, and the San Jose area every Memorial Day weekend. My sister is married, but as far as love goes, I was in one relationship for a week to start the year, and I've only gone on one date. I've also had people shun me because I talked too much to them (and thought I was a stalker to them as a result), but I now know better on that. In other words, I'm still single at almost 27.

What is left for me? Well, I may start planning for my Japan trip for this year soon, and I will go to SakuraCon in Seattle, which is a month from now as of this message. It may be my last, or it may not, because of my impending move to Los Angeles.

As for finding love? Well, maybe if a woman my age who understands me finds me, she may be the one for me, and we're off to Hollywood together.

So, this is Johnny quoting Casey Kasem: "Keep your feet on the ground and keep reaching for the stars." I hope the future brings good things to me.

-----
So, here I am, one year later. What has changed? Well, not much, but I've learned to be at peace with being single and living at home; going to my usual anime cons hasn't changed, but now I want to be a computer programmer, partly because, for one thing, my uncle and dad are prodding me to do it, and that I am tech-literate, so that would be right up my alley. I'm almost 28. Given the fact that we're living longer lives, I'm still pretty young by modern standards. I've also decided to reconsider my move to Los Angeles because of CA's potential water problems, and the fact the area may be susceptible to a major earthquake in 30 years.

In the end, I realize that everything will be alright and that I worry too much. So, that's one year gone by..... but it won't be the last for me.

Sounds like your on the up and up. Read a lot of your posts over when I was on WP, so it good to see you here.

Sooooooo, are you going to sakura con THIS YEAR? CUZ I WILL MUDDA****EN BE THERE!!! guh, why did i get so excited right now?

New Threads

Top Bottom