• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Officially Diagnosed this morning

Best wishes to you as you deal with your diagnosis. Autism is what it is, I've learned to deal with mine and I'm sure you will deal with yours as well.

Best wishes to you as you deal with your diagnosis. Autism is what it is, I've learned to deal with mine and I'm sure you will deal with yours as well.

Right! I am no worse now than I was yesterday. At least I know what I am dealing with.

Congrats!

I would be very interested in hearing how the CBT goes.. I've been trying to decide if it's something that would be beneficial for me. There are certain traits I would very much like to be better with, like making good eye contact.. I'm not sure if that's something CBT would help with or not..

Congrats!

I would be very interested in hearing how the CBT goes.. I've been trying to decide if it's something that would be beneficial for me. There are certain traits I would very much like to be better with, like making good eye contact.. I'm not sure if that's something CBT would help with or not..

I will post about it. I am going through two different types of of CBT, one specifically to train me to shut my brain off when I am sleeping, and the other CBT with a psychologist who specializes in treating ASD patients. And this may go on for a while. At the same time I have to meet with the psychiatrist who diagnosed me periodically.

I will say that I am glad the diagnosis was made me. It really does explain a lot of things.

I hope the diagnosis will provide you with some clarity. I also hope the CBT helps you. I found CBT to be helpful.

Diagnosis or no, you are still you! Always remember that. Hopefully now you'll understand some things that you may not have before about yourself. I know I did.

Bet your wife is relieved, it can be hard to see someone suffering but you don't have any tools to help them. Maybe this will ease up the tension that built up during this journey of your self-discovery.

I actually was thinking of someone else, and doing my best to understand them, when l realised that l identified with a lot of the things l was reading about people on the spectrum. And l was trying to behave NT but l am not NT and all it did was cause problems when l am better off just being me in my friendships not some preconceived idea of what l think l should be. So maybe this will bring you two closer.

New Threads

Top Bottom