• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Notice about our Facebook account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Droopy

Founder & Former Admin
V.I.P Member
As you may be already aware, AspiesCentral has an official Facebook account located at:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001276541248

Many of you have been adding us which is great, but I have noticed some problems. There has been many, many friend requests from strangers who are not members of the forums. The idea of the Facebook page was to enable forum members to keep in contact with each other and for AC to make announcements on a convenient medium of communication - much like our popular Twitter page.

Please do not add us on Facebook unless you are a member of the forums, will soon become a member of the forums, or are interested in keeping up-to-date with our latest threads. While everyone is welcome at AspiesCentral, we would rather keep our Facebook page as a place for our members. There are countless other AS/Autism groups on Facebook for everyone else. AC will not be accepting any more requests from complete strangers. If you made a genuine friend request and it hasn't yet been accepted, feel free to make another or alternatively PM us with your forum username.

On another note: I have noticed that some people adding us do not appear to be whom they claim. One person's account had profile pictures of completely different persons. Upon investigation, it turned out these pictures were actually of models that had been ripped from website advertisements. So in actual fact, this person was posing as someone else and targeting many different AS groups/pages/people. So do be careful who you add on Facebook.

In summary:

The AspiesCentral Facebook page is for members of AspiesCentral forums. Do not add us unless you are a member of the forums. Watch out for bogus accounts targeting AS people on Facebook.

If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to leave them in this thread.

The Aspies Central Facebook is pimpin, it shows me new threads as soon as they're posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom