• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

newly diagnosed aspy

sixtomontechristo1

Hello. I'm a 31 year old male, married with two children. I have recently been diagnosed with aspergers. My entire life has been such a puzzling conundrum... now it all makes sense. Its kind of surreal. I feel like the protagonist from a ninetys thriller whom has just discovered that he is the madman. I'm still taking it all in. luckily I have a strong support system and live in an area with optimal resources. I have my first appointment today with the local autism center... I'm very excited! I am happy to finally fit in somewhere although simultaneously disappointed that much of my self perceived individualism was in fact asd. Thank you all for accepting me in this community. I am intrigued to interact with others such as myself. One love

Hi sixtomontechristo1, and welcome to AC!

Don't be afraid, despite having usual characteristics, I bet you are still quite unique being. Feel free to write more in here. :)

I agree with Aalo. Im new as well but we're all different, too different as far as most are concerned. I personally, once i thoroughly researched it (my current obsession), see it as a gift and a sort of head above the rest, despite my completely avg height at 5'9. Its good youve found support. Ive found zero. Its making me drink again. My parents refuse to accept it my girlfriends suddenly afraid as is every other close relationship i recently had. It could be a mild bout of paranoia but i kinda think theyre all conspiring to get me far far away. Haha. this label the "perfect all-knowing," NT's given me is lighting a fire. I hope its of inspiration and productive as opposed to corrosive and destructive.
- truly pleased to be here,
Cheers. (,,'?')=U

Welcome,
And I feel the same way you do. It was such a blessing to find out and see your whole life begin to make sense. This is a place where you can speak freely because most of us share the same gift and we appreciate those things that make us special.
And Happy Fathers Day

Welcome. It's great that you find your diagnosis liberating and I hope this makes it easier for you to deal with any issues.

I am in the exact same situation! I am 31 myself, married with 1 child. I was just recently diagnosed with Asperger's (yesterday). I completely agree with the surreal feelings. I am finally starting to understand myself. I have always processed my surroundings in a logical and systematic fashion, except I could not find logic with my thought process compared to others. I am meeting with a Psychologist, but did not think to go to an Autism center. I am not sure if this would be a good next step, or if the Psychologist is enough. Anyways, I would love to talk more with you if interested. Cheers

It baffles me with today's scientific progression that people still shun individuals with disorders. It makes sense that it could partly be due to paranoia, but on the same token paranoia, at least in my case, has kept me alert and safe. How healthy that train of though is, is unbeknownst to me. I have also been sober for 4 years, alcohol is a battle and not an easy one to combat. I think especially in our cases, it lets us feel normal and part of the crowd and that is a hard thing to give up. Hopefully things start smoothing out for you!

New Threads

Top Bottom