• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Newly Asd diagnosis

Michael Balog

V.I.P Member
Hi everyone I just got diagnosed on Saturday while at therapy. Previously my psychiatrist said I had adhd and then while in session my therapist says I’m going to put something out here, I think your on the spectrum. So now here I am trying to make sense of what I just learned and I’m kind of grieving the loss of my old adhd diagnosis. I was angry for a while and then in denial, but now that I have been trying to educate myself and learn about this I have become a bit more accepting of it. Hopefully it’s going to get better and I can only move upward from this point in helping myself.

Last edited:
upload_2019-5-20_13-20-55.png

Warm welkome to the forums :)

JUST because you now have gotten a ASD diagnose DONT mean youre no longer (as you say you alredy have that diagnose ) have ADHD you now have Multiple diagnosis (same as i have ;) ) Many that have ADHD also have ASD as its co morbid to said ADHD diagnose.

Hey, welcome to the party room, balloons, (screaming, laughing noise in the background). We promise to behave, we like bad jokes, music, and new members.

Last edited:
Welcome Michael - having a diagnosis is a good thing. It's likely to bring you some clarity. This forum is the right place for you. Check in often. There is a lot going on here and it's all valuable.

You can have both,many people on the spectrum have comorbid conditions and they can be anything,I was diagnosed with both Aspergers and Complex PTSD at the same time and I also have a anxiety disorder.

Also Adhd is a common commorbid with Autism so there is definitely a high possibility that you have both.

So I finally got to see my therapist and she explained why she gave me the diagnosis on Saturday. I’m still not 100% on board with this yet but it’s getting there. Maybe soon all the pieces will fit together and I will have that ah hah! moment where it finally makes sense. Until then I’m still trying to processing this newly acquired diagnosis.

New Threads

Top Bottom