• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New World of Warcraft trailer.

I'm going to keep my optimism in check, as I only lasted 2 weeks into BfA when it launched before I got sick of Blizzards incompetence

I'm going to keep my optimism in check, as I only lasted 2 weeks into BfA when it launched before I got sick of Blizzards incompetence

Blizzard has really been on a very fast decline recently. Well, sort of. It's been one debacle after another.... and the people in charge dont care. They get their money, and that's the one and only thing that matters to them.

The REALLY sad part? It's not incompetence in an overall sense (as in, beyond the extremely specific recent debacle). They are, in fact, VERY good at what they do. The problem: What they REALLY do isnt making games. It's making money for their shareholders. THAT is the business they're actually in. That they might make bad products or do anti-consumer things that everybody hates doesnt matter one bit so long as that money flows, and it does. You could almost say that the games they make are a side effect of their REAL job.

Hell, I watched a video earlier that was talking about the whole "Overwatch 2" thing. And it just looks awful. If you REALLY look at it, beyond just the shiny cinematics, it's almost exactly the same game. Pretty much just them getting you to re-buy what you already own. It's kinda like that recent thing with that sports game from EA on the Switch where they *literally* repackaged last year's version and renamed it but stuck the word "legacy" at the end in tiny print so they wouldnt get in trouble (yes, they really did that).

That's not to say that Blizzard never makes anything good, but.... the Blizzard that made things like Diablo 2, the Blizzard that made the actual core of what is now World of Warcraft, THAT Blizzard is long gone. What's left is a hideous shambling mound that Activision simply parades around because it attracts consumers.

I hope, for the sake of all of the fans, that the new WoW expansion is actually good. Blizzard probably is fully aware that they have to put actual effort into THAT game, if nothing else...

I stopped playing when Blizzard started sucking up to China over Hong Kong. I might reconsider my stance if they shape up a bit. I would like to play Shadowlands from the onset this time.

New Threads

Top Bottom