• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New to this site here is a little about me

dannyboy6657

Hey, I was diagnosed with high functioning autism when I was 16 which is pretty late to be diagnosed. Growing up I experienced a lot of bullying leading to suicide attempts, drug experimentation, and just a lot of bad decisions on my part. When I was 18 I joined an autism foundation for adults. I was given a life coach and have been working with him for 5 years now. In those 5 years I managed to become drug free, make better decisions and look after my mental health a lot better. I also for the first time in my life began to make friends and good relationships with people.

Recently I went to school to become a resident care worker and learned how to take care of people who are vulnerable. About 4 weeks ago I started my career at a senior home and have been working there quite a bit. My jobs there is to clean them, feed them, dress them, just do anything to care for them in general. I guess in other places I would be known as a nursing assistant or something else.

Some of my interests include video games, DND, music (mostly metal), Comic books/reading, movies, TV, and spending time with friends. Although now I am quite adventurous, 5 years ago I would barely want to do anything but game but now I've been going out and doing a lot more with people. I highly believe on trying to get out of my comfort zone and make it a personal goal to do so.

You will probably learn more about me in later threads I just wanted to introduce myself and give a little history thanks!

Hello i was diagnosed at 45 nearly 46 ,in the UK what you do is called a carer
Also it can overlap with a district nurse but they can administer drugs dress eounds

upload_2017-6-7_7-49-24.png

Hey, I was diagnosed with high functioning autism when I was 16 which is pretty late to be diagnosed. Growing up I experienced a lot of bullying leading to suicide attempts, drug experimentation, and just a lot of bad decisions on my part. When I was 18 I joined an autism foundation for adults. I was given a life coach and have been working with him for 5 years now. In those 5 years I managed to become drug free, make better decisions and look after my mental health a lot better. I also for the first time in my life began to make friends and good relationships with people.

Recently I went to school to become a resident care worker and learned how to take care of people who are vulnerable. About 4 weeks ago I started my career at a senior home and have been working there quite a bit. My jobs there is to clean them, feed them, dress them, just do anything to care for them in general. I guess in other places I would be known as a nursing assistant or something else.

Some of my interests include video games, DND, music (mostly metal), Comic books/reading, movies, TV, and spending time with friends. Although now I am quite adventurous, 5 years ago I would barely want to do anything but game but now I've been going out and doing a lot more with people. I highly believe on trying to get out of my comfort zone and make it a personal goal to do so.

You will probably learn more about me in later threads I just wanted to introduce myself and give a little history thanks!
hi im new here as well. i do the same work too. just on the wknds though.good for you getting clean. one thing to keep in mind with this kind of work is to not overdue it and really take care of yourself. ive had issues with substance abuse too and work stress is no good. but it sounds like u have allot of good support!

New Threads

Top Bottom