• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Surface Pro (2017) studio mode kickstand feature confusion

Ephraim Becker

V.I.P Member
On Microsoft's new Surface Pro (2017) overview webpage, it says about a new feature called Studio Mode. I was curious to see how far back the kickstand on my Surface Pro 4 could go. To my complete surprise, the kickstand on my Surface Pro 4 went as far back as the kickstand on the new Surface Pro (2017) was advertised to go.

I even made a video to prove it:

I even commented the above YouTube link on a Microsoft news website, but it looks like no one paid any attention to it.

Another shocking surprise is that I only have 28 views and 1 dislike. This doesn't make any sense at all.

If you Google "Microsoft's Zero-Gravity Hinge" you'll find such similar technological considerations are not taken lightly by Microsoft. It may seem like an insignificant feature to some, but certainly not to Microsoft. So it stands to reason that they'd want to get such a feature right on the Surface Pro 4.

All you really did was confirm what Microsoft already knew- and advertised accordingly. Not much reason for anyone to view your video unless they were expecting you to debunk/contradict such functionality, when all you did was confirm that it works. No offense intended, however some people might find that annoying.

But the kickstand studio mode on the Surface Pro (2017) is being talked about on Microsoft fan websites as well.

But the kickstand studio mode on the Surface Pro (2017) is being talked about on Microsoft fan websites as well.

No doubt if earlier models didn't function properly or efficiently as does the new one. Nothing surprising about that. Microsoft simply expects you to go out and buy a new one. :rolleyes:

"2.0" mentality. Upgrade-upgrade-upgrade! o_O

What do you mean? The Surface Pro 4 is still very good.

That's the point. That if it's new, buy it. A message that all players in the technology market are singing.

But equally just be aware that both kudos and complaints by online consumers/fans may or may not be legitimate as well. Some such posts are done by their competition. That's no secret either. Though in this case if the functionality in question works, what is left to talk or complain about?

Unless of course you possess an older version of something that just isn't as functional. Consumers will always want or expect perfection. But that's a marketing concept that manufacturers in general abandoned a long time ago, in favor of offering more lucrative "2.0" upgrades. Carrot + donkey = perpetual sales.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom