• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New job opportunity

mw2530

So it looks like I will be going in a new direction career wise. If everything materializes as expected, I will be working part time at a job year round and then working a second job during the busy part of the year for 3 months. So I'll be working part time 9 months of the year, but then well over 40 hour weeks during the other 3 months. I currently work 40 hours per week year round, except for 3 months of the year when I work well over 40 for our busy season. But I've felt burnt out for a while now and my life seemed to be rather pointless.

I feel some unease with making the move as there is some risk to making a change. I also worry too much of what other people will think of me in that I'm only going to work part time a majority of the year. I am a little uneasy myself since I'm not sure what I'm going to do with all the extra time. I guess it is in the uncertainty that makes me feel nervous. But I should feel more excited I feel. I am excited, but negative thoughts always seem to take over regardless of the situation I find myself in life. Financially I'll be making slightly less, but I've saved a lot over the last 7 years, and I still should make enough to live well within my means. I guess I need to be confident in myself and worry less about what others think. Change is really hard and I like routines so that is part of the challenge I will have fight through. I'm not sure what the point is of this post other than to write my thoughts out.

I feel like I've missed out on so many things from my teenage years to the present young adult years. I know that I can never get back the missed opportunities and experiences from those years. There is a lot of pain there that I've numbed myself from but need to release so that I can heal. Maybe this opportunity is a way for me to make up for some lost time. My biggest fear is wasting my whole life. This is an opportunity to escape the rat race to a certain extent. But I know it will be far from a cure all and in itself will not lead to happiness and fulfillment.

Go for it! Life is short, enjoy it while you can XD. Now you'll have time to smell those roses. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom