• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Here

LoveMyDogs

I am here because I have aspergers syndrome and I tend to isolate. It's not that I don't like people. It's just that I don't get people which often leads me to ignoring. I think this forum will be helpful because I will be talking (typing) to people of similar personality traits.

Anyways, I am currently in a relationship with someone who does not have aspergers. Thankfully he is very understanding and supportive. Some days I get along very well and no one can tell I have a "disability" other days I am a total wreck.

Welcome to AC. I love dogs too! Isolation, not so much. But I manage to do it anyways for long stretches of time.

Welcome,
You only have a disability if you concentrate on that part of it. Having Aspergers gives you a unique view that most others do not share. You could choose to make the most of it.
I am thankful that I understand things the way I do. It makes getting along with others more difficult, but it is great for understanding how things work. Take the good parts, accept the bad parts, and move on.
Good luck

I agree. It's about ability, not disability. I've had that view my whole life---well before I found out I have Asperger's. (I also have cerebral palsy, and my parents have done their best to take care of me while also treating me like any other kid.)

I'm glad your significant other is understanding. Mine is, too.

Welcome. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom