• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New here! I'm the father of a 3 year old boy who is autistic and nonverbal

Noahsworld

My son, Noah, was diagnosed with ASD and Sensory Processing Disorder at 23 months. He is unworldly smart and has a HUGE heart! I joined hoping to both learn and share information while on this journey of being a parent of a child with Special Needs. My wife and I are preparing to enter our son into the public school system and are nervous in general about how the world will receive our son. It seems that if you're a little bit different, the world can be cruel. But, at the same time, there are some amazing people in this world. I shared my son's story (link below) for anybody who is interested in knowing about our journey so far. I look forward to connecting, sharing information, and learning. Take care!

Hi @Noahsworld , welcome to the forum :) I'm sure there are other parents here that have been raising a child with ASD that will be happy to share their experiences. I have a child, but not with ASD.

Hello & welcome @Noahsworld.
(edit)
It sounds like you already have good resources at the Brighton Center.

Here are some others,...

Last edited:
Thanks for the video. I've never heard of the backpack [hack?] before.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum. I hope we can be supportive to you.

Your family's story is very touching and I do see the value in sharing a journey like yours. At the same time, I would offer the idea to be cautious and protective regarding how much of Noah's life you choose to put on video and share online. It will be important to think about how grown up Noah will feel about having his early struggles broadcast on the internet. Some of the information in your video does not protect his anonymity. I am not trying to judge your decision here and the video was very heartwarming, but my protective side wanted to offer a cautious perspective to you.

welcome_to_af.png

That's a great video. It helps others with children dx with this. I am on the spectrum, so (yup), l thought my daughter was pretty much normal. I thought all kids spent hours sorting their Halloween candies, sorting their toys, hours gaming, spending more hours on their computer and all their special interests. But she is an adult, and in a long-term relationship, and in a good job. And l no longer worry about her.

New Threads

Top Bottom