• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New forum user desperate to understand my aspie

fullmind

I have gotten involved romantically with a aspie. Curse or blessing?
I sought out to forum as a last desperate try to understand him with hopes that if I understand, I may actually have the patience. I am starting to doubt I have it in me after his recent behavior: Irrationally jealous, aloof, cold, and defensive at the very first family function he was invited to. Embarrassing, actually.
This is my first post, so I will leave it at that until I am approved by the moderator.

Hi, Fullmind, I'm a new member as well! I don't know your partner but I know I often am seen as 'cold and aloof'. Family functions, were the family asking questions because families do tend to do that. I know for me that is daunting and I can easily get worked up.

Anyway, what I heard and what works for me, is that someone be directly honest. Explain what you just said and that you are still want to be involved with him, explain how, at the family function, he was embarrassing and what made you think he was defensive. Also explain why you find his healous irrational. Hopefully, this helps you. Just, if you follow someone's advice and still doubt you have the 'discipline' of staying with him, don't feel bad about leaving this relationship if you find that is the best course. You gave it a shot and it didn't work it out, these things happen.

I hoped you found some comfort and advice from other people. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom