• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

New Computer!!

Firnafth

Mammalogist
V.I.P Member
I just got a new computer! My old laptop was irritatingly slow and its screen was starting to darken on one side, among other things. Because I got a fellowship this year (extra money for graduate students which, in my case, I can spend on whatever), I was able to afford buying a new laptop with better specs all around. Here is a picture of the two of them, with the older computer (Dell Inspiron 1505) on the right and the newer computer (Dell XPS 15) on the left.

IMG_1306s.jpg

Specs of the new laptop:
Specs12Jan2010.png

Hooray!

Sweet! I was reading the specs and hadn't looked at the picture (thought it was a desktop) and I thought very nice. Then I saw it was laptop, and I thought awesome. Reminds me how I need to start thinking about replacing my laptop, it's five years old now. Congrats.

Congrats.

Can I have your old laptop? ;) :p

Actually, I was going to give it away to one of my younger siblings, but two of them requested it. I can just imagine how much strife it would cause if I picked one of them to give it to or even if I told them to share it (in fact, the latter would probably be even worse). So now I'm not sure what to do with it.

So now I'm not sure what to do with it.

You could give it away to charity if choosing one person will be a problem. I know myself that the sharing method doesn't work. Congrats on getting a new laptop by the way.

I heard that the "??? Foundation" is supposed to be a good charity. ;)

I should get a laptop sometime. I should build a PC first though . . .

All kinds of laptops are known for overheating. When you leave them on something like a blanket the blanket will block the cooling vents on the bottom of the laptop so heat will build up.

Last edited:
I got a cooling pad. It really does make a difference in how hot my laptop gets. Thanks for the tip, Google.

I got a cooling pad. It really does make a difference in how hot my laptop gets. Thanks for the tip, Google.

Hmm, looks like if I'm to get a laptop, I'll be sure to get a cooling pad. Didn't think cooling pads worked well, though I admittedly don't know much about laptops; I've never owned one.

The only time I've had a problem with overheating was with my old desktop. It would overheat due to me overclocking it. I'd overclock it until it would start shutting down automatically from being too hot. Unfortunately, overclocking it seemed to reduce its lifespan quite a bit. :D

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom